Help Us Shape the Future of Healthcare
At League, we’re big on building connections - both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. We’re reimagining the health benefits experience to give people a more consumer-centric way to manage their health: immediate, seamless, and tailored to their unique needs. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross product and feature teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software engineers, data analysts, BI engineers and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
In this role you will:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using cloud-native and big data principles.
- Build the framework to enable analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Marketing teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and regions.
- Create data processes and tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores.
- Experience with end-to-end API design, implementation and sustainment.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured and structured datasets.
- Project management and organizational skills to self-scope and direct on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-product/feature teams in a dynamic environment.
- The ideal candidate should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Beam, etc.
- Experience with both relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Apache Airflow, etc.
- Strong Experience with Code Management + DevOps: Github, Github Actions, Concourse CI, Terraform, Atlantis, etc.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) cloud services: BigQuery, DataFlow, PubSub, CloudSQL, Cloud Storage, Cloud Composer, VertexAI
- Knowledge of the FHIR standard and/or healthcare data
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Go, Scala, Java, C++, etc.
At League, everyone is welcome. We believe individuals should not be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you are an individual in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Our Application Process:
Applying to a role you love can be exhausting, and understanding the next steps can feel vague and uncertain. You have done the hard part of submitting your application; let's do ours by sharing potential next steps
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League's needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- Before extending offers, we conduct reference and background checks.
- Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
Here are some additional resources to learn more about League:
Learn more about us in this short video!
League, Cleveland Clinic collaborate to make employees healthier across North America
League and Loblaw bring next-generation digital health platform to customers
League Completes Workday Approved Integration
Recognize and Avoid Employment scams. Practice safe job searching.Scammers are getting craftier and leveraging fake job postings to get personal information. Know the warning signs and protect yourself from scammers. Learn more here.
More Information on League
League operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL. League was founded in 2014. It has 601 total employees. To see all 52 open jobs at League, click here.
Read Full Job Description