Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
As part of the Data Intelligence (DI) team, the Data Engineer will optimize client data solutions by designing and building performant, scalable, reliable, secure and cost-optimized data platforms using Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services. This individual will work directly with business and technical domain experts to understand clients’ analytics and data platform objectives, while recommending and delivering cloud data warehouse practices for each client. You must be self-directed, imaginative, strategic, and excited by the opportunity to re-design and modernize client data and analytics ecosystems.
What You’ll Do:
Day-to-day activities for this role will include but not be limited to:
- Managing competing priorities while meeting deadlines on concurrent client projects
- Developing exceptional client relationships while actively promoting the Trace 3 brand
- Recommending strategies to improve performance and capacity of tools and technologies
- Supporting the delivery of end-to-end project artifacts to include reference architecture, project plans, solution proposals, risk definitions, timelines, ongoing project updates, preliminary and final reports and summaries for internal and external stakeholders
- aptitude for understanding client challenges, liaising with clients effectively, and producing engineering solutions on time every time, with quality
- Exceptional communication, presentation and collaboration skills and the ability to handle themselves in front of all levels of stakeholders.
Qualifications & Interests:
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Strong proficiency in the following software / tools
- Object-oriented / object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala; SQL
- Object storage services in the big three public clouds: Google Cloud Storage, S3, Azure Blob
- ETL optimization in data warehouses both on-prem and in the public cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Distributed systems and data architecture (BigQuery, Snowflake, Kafka, Spark) – designing and implementing batch and stream data processing pipelines, optimizing distribution, partitioning, and MPP of high-level data structures
- Intermediate knowledge with software engineering best practices
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate them into technical implementations
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment
- Ability to approach customer and sales requests with proactive and consultative manner; listen and understand user requests and needs, and effectively deliver
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Motivated self-starter who loves to troubleshoot and solve challenging problems and feels comfortable working directly with customers
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.