Data Engineer, Realtime Analytics & APIs at ASAPP (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:32 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 13, 2022
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems — the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our CX performance platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
The Data Engineering team at ASAPP powers the core of our data and analytics products. ASAPP's products are based on natural language processing and serve tens of millions of end-users in real-time. We need sophisticated metrics to monitor and continuously improve our systems.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to serve as a core contributor by designing and building real-time analytic processes and delivery systems for our customers.
What you'll do
- Contribute to our joint effort of real-time analytics development and external-facing API design, including managing project deliverables and delegating work to other engineers
- Design, document, and deliver customer API specifications
- Build real-time streaming pipelines to construct and distribute analytics using Apache Flink
- Work across teams to gather requirements and understand reporting needs
- Investigate metric discrepancies and data anomalies
- Maintain high-quality documentation for our real-time metrics and API specifications
- Contribute to our data infrastructure platform and tooling
- Participate in our on-call rotation to keep production pipelines up and running
What you'll need
- Expertise building software in a high-level programming language, ideally Java or Go
- Experience designing, implementing, and documenting APIs, webhooks, and callbacks
- Experience building software around a message bus such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with real-time streaming engines such as Apache Spark or Flink
- Deep technical knowledge of data exchange and serialization formats such as Protobuf, Parquet, YAML, and JSON
What we'd like to see
- B.S.+ in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Previous experience in a data engineering or data warehousing
- Experience with complex event processing, distributed systems, and stream processing
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at [email protected] to obtain assistance. #LI-CM1 #LI-Remote
More Information on ASAPP
ASAPP operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. ASAPP was founded in 2014. It has 389 total employees. To see all 25 open jobs at ASAPP, click here.
Read Full Job Description