Data Engineer II at Chewy (Miami, FL)
Chewy is looking for a Data Engineer II to join our Data Engineering Team based in Boston, MA, Minneapolis, MN, or Plantation, FL. At Chewy, it is our mission to be the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents (and partners) everywhere. We have evolved into an innovative Fortune 500 industry leader.
The expectations of the prospective candidate will be to design and build data products and or platforms. In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewy’s fastest growing areas. We continue to grow and always Think Big about new innovative ideas, while consistently exploring opportunities to differentiate ourselves in the industry.
What you'll do:
- Design analytical solutions for business users that provide the data needed to operate the business
- Design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics platform
- Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Write documentation on design, architecture and solutions
- Participate in on-call rotations and operational excellence
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar; or equivalent experience
- Experience in data warehouse design and data integration methodologies
- SQL expertise and the ability to work with many different database types. Snowflake, Postgres, SQL Server, and others as required
- 5+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Snowflake and AWS cloud technologies, including AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, and AWS S3, EC2, ECS, Kenisis, DynamoDB, etc
- 5+ years of experience integrating data between operational databases using data integration tools like Informatica, CloverDX, Datastage, Talend, Pentaho Data Integrator, or SSIS.
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling in large Data warehousing, data lake environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing scalable, high performing and fault-tolerant applications for large enterprises
- 5+ years of experience in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala.
- Expert level knowledge of data integration and familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stacks
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for work products
- Hand on experience delivering high performance distributed systems in public cloud environments
- Experience performing analytics to solve complex business problems
- Position may require travel
- Snowflake certification
- Experience with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, etc.)
- Background in e-commerce
- Agile experience is a plus
- Experience with statistical methods and data science
- Experience with Terraform
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].