Data Engineer I at Aristocrat (Las Vegas, NV)
Job Posting Title
Data Engineer I
We are pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we are designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. With cool new titles, such as Game of Thrones TM, Sons of Anarchy and Lightning Link along with our award-winning app Heart of Vegas, we are continually pushing the bar of creativity.
What You'll Do
Aristocrat is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and well-organized Data Engineer who would like to work in a multi-disciplinary environment. The Data Engineer plays a lead technical role in Analytics, Data Mining, Data Architecture and Data Science in general. The Data Engineer has a high-level of proficiency in analytic, and BI design producing high quality, robust, and maintainable products. This engineer has strong SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) experience and is expected to work with little or no supervision. In this role, you will be an integral part of the team that creates and implements a vision for the data applications that support critical revenue generation for the company. If you are an exceptionally motivated, smart, and driven individual who wants to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, this position is for you.
- Build and support data solutions that deliver strategic business value.
- Drive world-class design and development of end-to-end analytics solutions for products that support high volumes and enable advanced analytical modeling.
- Lead the technical evaluation and recommendations for platforms/tools that enable data mining, advanced analytics, data visualization, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Identify and propose software development process improvement initiatives for improving execution speed and quality.
- Extract data from disparate sources and transform into data platforms.
- Partner with stakeholders and data team members to improve data availability, automation, and quality.
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of software and database development
- At least 1 year of experience in Data Mining, Data Science, Business Intelligence or Analytics
- Solid hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, data modeling, automation and data integration
- Expertise in SQL
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server and SSIS
- Experience implementing, deploying, and operating big-data platform with an enterprise environment.
- Experience with MS SQL Server configuration and management
- Experience in data warehousing technologies such as BigQuery
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience with NoSQL, Hadoop and other Big Data technologies
- Experience in Agile SDLC development methodologies
- Strong attention to detail and data quality
- Proven analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Possess the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Proficient in authoring, editing, and presenting technical documents
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams and other team members
- Applies effective communication techniques, engages in focused dialogue, and demonstrates good listening skills
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining data ecosystems, sourcing analytics, and fulfilling ad-hoc requests to promote continuous insights and improvements
- Recommend and advise on all data components, roadmap, and emerging technologies
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic. Fosters mutual trust and respect and is an excellent team player
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive. Motivated by results, urgency, and personal commitment
- Understands the link between excellence in data acquisition/warehousing/insights, and how to leverage this as a competitive advantage in the marketplace
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We're a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Pay Rate Type: Salary
Our goal is to pay a market competitive salary focusing near the median of our pay ranges. However, final offers for all positions will be based on several factors such as experience level, education, skills, work location, and internal pay equity.