The Engineers at Chainalysis are driven by working on new technical challenges every day. Relentless problem-solvers and big dreamers, we’re building scalable data tooling and data science infrastructure. Our job is to democratize data access across our growing enterprise.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced environment with a lot of ambiguity. You will be responsible for reducing friction between business teams hungry for data assets and our current data warehouse/data infrastructure solutions. This will include but is not limited to optimizing our AWS RedShift clusters, building new ETL pipelines, maintaining and managing BI tools, and upgrading our data science capabilities. You can perform these actions while maintaining SOC2/GDPR compliance and well architected frameworks.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- We have increased usage of our Data Warehouse while controlling overall cost
- Sentiment from the business teams is that data is much easier to access, reliable and of high quality and we can prove that with metrics
- We have successfully migrated our data science environment from our data center into AWS
- You have built tools and mechanisms for consolidating and updating data regularly to make it easily accessible to all stakeholders in the company
- You’ve treated our internal data as a product and helped to scale the company’s analytics platforms, trained staff to leverage BI tools, and provided your colleagues with easier access to data assets
A background like this helps:
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics or a quantitative discipline preferred (but not required)
- You’ve been successful building Data Warehouse/BI and Data Science enablement solutions on AWS or similar platforms.
- Advanced skills in SQL, ETL, DB tuning and optimization (e.g. Redshift, PostgreSQL, Athena/Glue)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform) and CI/CD (Docker, EKS, Helm)
- Knowledge and experience with data pipeline technologies, data modeling (star schemas, snowflake, aggregation tables), basic data architectures (compute and reporting clusters)
- Experience in inventing new metrics, conducting root cause analysis, testing hypotheses and developing reporting/visualization solutions (e.g. Tableau, AWS Quicksight)
- Ability to work across the organization to identify high-friction areas or data gaps
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritization of multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results.
- Self-sufficient, and a strong bias for action
- An ownership mindset - acts and makes decisions on behalf of the company, not just the team.
The following would differentiate you:
- Understanding of blockchain data structures and interfaces (BTC, ETH, and others)
- Experience with technologies such as Airflow, Kafka, Hadoop or Spark
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.