Data Engineer (Contract) at AllStripes (Remote)
At AllStripes, we are dedicated to unlocking new treatments for people affected by rare disease. There are 7,000 rare diseases affecting 1 in 10 people globally, yet less than 5% of conditions have an FDA-approved therapy. The rare disease drug R&D market is growing at an unprecedented rate, making up over 50% of all novel drugs approved by the FDA in the last year. AllStripes’ two-sided consumer-facing and enterprise software platform serves 1) rare disease patients by showing them their own impact on drug development and 2) life sciences customers by sharing critical disease insights not available anywhere else.
AllStripes is the leading research platform dedicated to rare disease. We are a Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to unlock new treatments for people affected by rare disease, and we’re transforming how patients and families are involved in the research process. Everyone at AllStripes is driven by a deep commitment to our mission, a passion for problem-solving, and an openness to vulnerability. We regard our culture as one of the products we offer. As a team, we practice conscious leadership, where we are committed to supporting each other to be curious, open, and playful in order to build a connected, creative, and energetic fully-distributed work culture. Check us out on Builtin! (https://builtin.com/company/allstripes)
- Identify data needs to support our analytics and data teams
- Work with data platform team to help establish analytics pipeline standards
- Develop efficient and scalable data pipelines, setting up Airflow instances and appropriate infrastructure
- Collaborate with data platform team to integrate analytics data into greater data platform on Snowflake
- Document data models, data pipelines, and QA approaches using ERD design, data catalog, and other standard tools
- Migrate existing analytics data warehouse from BigQuery to Snowflake (hosted on AWS)
- Implement various third-party integrations to centralize our data storage
- 4+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, master data management, metadata management
- Experience with both GCP and AWS
- Experience setting up Airflow instances, and working with both BigQuery and Snowflake
- Intimate knowledge of best data security and privacy practices in highly regulated environments, e.g. Healthcare, Finance, or something similar
- Proven track record in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines and data warehouse environments.
- Extensive experience with ETL,, SQL, Postgres, and similar databases
- Familiarity with data governance frameworks, SDLC, and agile methodologies
- Passionate about data quality
- 90% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for you + 75% coverage for dependents
- Flexible PTO + 13 paid holidays per year
- Covid pay (CA W-2 residents only)
- 12-week parental leave policy for all new parents
- HSA + FSA contributions
- Life insurance, plus short and long term disability coverage
- Commitment to Distributed Work:
- Competitive salary + equity package, based on Bay Area location
- $1,500 home workstation set-up budget + monthly cell & internet reimbursement
- Virtual + in-person team lunches & activities, to stay connected in a distributed culture
- Company-provided finance manager to manage your personal finances
- Wellness app subscriptions to Aaptiv, Headspace, Physera, & Ginger.io
- Flexible working hours, with an emphasis on work-life balance
- Commitment to Distributed Work:
About the Hiring Manager:
Sam Miller - Ops Data & Analytics Manager
We’re dedicated to jumpstarting new research to accelerate treatments for rare disease patients. Everyone at AllStripes is driven by a deep commitment to our mission, a passion for problem solving, and an interest in constantly improving how things can be done. If our mission resonates with you, and you only match some of these attributes, we hope you apply regardless. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, and enthusiastically encourage people from historically underrepresented groups in tech to apply to AllStripes.
A key to our success is having an unwavering commitment to incorporating Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DEIB) into our core values. We see DEIB as an opportunity to grow patient and employee populations that provide the deep insights needed to empower the rare disease community to unlock new treatments. On our journey to ensure representation amongst our internal team and across our patient platform, the breadth of our efforts will responsibly evolve as our social climate continues to change.
We can’t wait to learn more about you!