Ascension Technologies is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations. We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
- Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
- Improve efficiency and care transitions
- Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
- Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
Ascension Data Delivery and Governance group within Ascension Technologies (AT) is seeking a Data DevOps Specialist to be a part of our Cloud Data Operations team. This role administers day to day operational support of various projects within the Google Cloud. This role includes various SME responsibilities which entails identifying and troubleshooting issues, finding their resolution and/or escalation in support of follow-up efforts. Ascension is transitioning to a DevOps and SRE organization, so we are looking for a Cloud DevOps Specialist who has an appetite for change with an ability to challenge the boundaries of what can be done with automation and tooling.
- The Cloud DataOps team will be a production readiness steward for the Data platforms by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with GCP technology platforms.
- We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk
- Support daily operations with a distinct focus on triage, impact mitigation and root cause identification through a depth of knowledge for corresponding products
- Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
- Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
- Contribute to efforts for Protect and Enable teams responsible for implementing DevOps practices, production readiness, and compliance for Ascension Core Data Applications
- Lead activities for Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automate existing technical processes, enhanced monitoring, and identify efficiencies for Cloud native applications
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Manage, implement, enhance, and enforce consistent company and department Security Ops practices
- Build out the CI/CD pipeline
- Support deployments of code into multiple environments
- Deliver time-saving process improvements that will be repeatable, maintainable, valuable, and fit into Operations vision
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Background in DevOps practices a distinct advantage
- Background in Operation Support model creation or design
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Knowledge of Ansible, Jenkins, Github, Maven, JFrog, Kubernetes
- Experience in Cloud technologies, preferably Google Cloud, alternatively AWS or Azure
- High energy and ability to influence others
- Strong understanding of all phases of a Software Development Life Cycle
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly collaborative
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- 5+ years of IT career level experience preferred
- 2+ years of working in a Cloud environment
- Experience with terraform and similar technologies
- Full stack application development experience, including CI/CD pipeline development, automated builds, testing, and Infrastructure as Code
- Understanding of Ansible, Jenkins, Github, Maven, JFrog, Kubernetes
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred
- Experience with Striim is a plus
- Experience with Agile concepts, with methods of planning and organizing work
- Manage detailed SOP requirements and collaborate with project teams in detailed playbooks
- High school diploma/GED with 3 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Cloud certification or 2+ years related experience
Work with assigned customers/areas to translate business requirements into application/system solutions.
- Serve customers as a key point of contact.
- Manage customer expectations and ensures prompt and complete customer service.
- Form productive networks with internal and external customers and the vendor community.
- Produce project plans, RFP's, and RFI's.
- Customize presentations to the interests of the audience.
- Conduct diagnosis of most business problems.
- Design, direct and perform analyses to resolve complex first-time project issues including analysis of technical and economic feasibility of proposed system solutions.
- Design projects with broad implications requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms.
- Lead design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs.
- Participate in the design of technical requirements for the application/solution.
- Serve as a staff resource and mentor regarding understanding of architectural systems.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.