Data Conversion Specialist at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Data Conversion Specialist is a technical support with SQL skills and advanced MS Excel skills. This position is a resource for the Implementation Consultants and enhance Paylocity's electronic conversion function. This position combines technical ability with payroll knowledge, creativity, and can-do attitude to convert new companies onto the Paylocity payroll processing platform.
- Respond to internal and external requests during implementation
- Work directly with clients to coordinate and schedule electronic data extraction
Responsible for converting time clocks, history (including check detail, rate and position) and custom data extractions
- Use MS Excel, Access, SQL Server, and Paylocity data conversion tools to research issues and update customer databases
- Review and/or format client supplied data for accuracy prior to uploading
- Take accountability to ensure previous provider data is successful extracted and formatted for Web Pay
- Pull data dependent on which of the products the client purchased with a holistic approach
- Responsible for analyzing and defining mapping rules
- Assist in data cleanup where necessary
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Must have basic SQL skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Adept attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical/Problem solving ability
- Basic project management skills
- Able to manage change successfully
- Customer focus -ability to manage client interactions
- Proficiency in MS office -Products are based upon Access and SQL databases. Knowledge of these will help during electronic data conversions.
- Bachelors degree preferred or related experience, preferable in a computer-related field
- Previous Payroll Experience is strongly recommended -payroll knowledge helps better analyze the quality and accuracy of the data
- Experience in SQL Server is also a plus
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or requirements.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $49,727 - $67,946 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.