Data Compliance Specialist at Opendoor
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:15 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
The MLS Data Compliance Specialist will work within the Opendoor Brokerage team acting as a critical liaison between internal Opendoor technical teams (ENG, Product, Pricing, Brokerage Ops) and external data providers including Multiple Listing Services (MLSs), Associations, Brokerages and third parties. The ideal candidate will be thoughtful, detail oriented and well organized with an ability to understand, articulate and audit complex compliance requirements, rules and regulations for data display and use.
This is a role that nearly all national proptech companies ingesting MLS data have including: Compass, Zillow, Redfin, REMAX, Realogy and Realtor. It also acts as a counterpart to the traditional compliance role that MLSs have.
- Assess, analyze and request the necessary data feeds (IDX, VOW, back-office) needed to participate in future markets
- Review data contracts and identify, summarize, communicate and audit the compliance requirements across multiple parts of the business
- Coordinate compliance communications between multiple listing services (MLS), public record and property data providers and Opendoor’s data engineering and operations team to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Build relationships and partner with MLSs and Opendoor’s engineering team to work through compliance obstacles in a thoughtful and logical way
- Ensure our MLS data feeds are up to date and accurate; building out a rules matrix that can be used by multiple stakeholders within Opendoor.
- 2-3 years professional experience in MLS, association or real estate brokerage operations, legal, librarian, compliance or similar
- Experience working with Google Docs, JIRA, Slack, Zendeslk or a similar internal systems
- An ability to juggle a wide variety of tasks and requestsAn owner and self-starter mindset, and proactive when it comes to problem-solving
- A high attention to detail and process-drivenExcellent communication skills, both written and verbalForward-thinking, kind, and goal-oriented mindsetsA keen eye for improving / automating processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbalForward-thinking, kind, and goal-oriented mindsets
- A keen eye for improving / automating processes
- Member driven organizations
- RESO Data Dictionary and Web API services
- MLS and Public Record DataContract management systems
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description