Data Architect at Figure Eight Federal
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:02 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 7, 2022
Artificial Intelligence (AI)is transforming government. Across Defense, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Sciences, Natural Resources and Regulatory functions- all are recognizing the power of human-machine teaming. Nothing moves in AI and machine learning (ML) without training data, and only high-quality training data can produce accurate and robust AI/ML powered solutions. Creating high quality training data at the scale necessary to meet the demands of our government mission partners is incredibly challenging. Few companies can do it. Even fewer can do it well. Since 2017, Figure Eight Federal has proven it can do both.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Headquartered in the National Capital Region, Figure Eight Federal was created to specifically serve the needs of our government customers. Together, Appen and Figure Eight Federal, combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world’s most innovative machine learning (ML) mission solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.f8-federal.com.
We are a hiring a Data Architect to support a Federal customer and provide expert technical services to their data modernization efforts. The work effort will bridge the existing and aspirational data ecosystems by developing modern design and implementation patterns, then producing rapid prototypes that can be developed into reusable tools.
This covers the planning, analysis, technology evaluation, and rapid prototyping activities required to enhance the operational maturity and overall performance of the customer's data operations. The overall objective of the effort is to identify enhancements and accelerate the modernization of the overall data infrastructure.
- Minimum Degree in information management, knowledge management, computer sciences or similar
- 10+ years overall Datawarehouse design / analytics development experience with multiple analytics platforms
- Advanced level development of SQL stored procedures, performance tuning ( SQL server for example)
- 5+ years developing data / information management artifacts including source to target mappings, data models (dimensional, columnar), data dictionaries and metadata management practices
- 2+ years providing design leadership to enterprise and cross functional teams
- 1+ years working in cloud data environments such as Azure
- Familiarity with complex datasets such as multi-level BOM in manufacturing or critical supply chain operations analytics needs
- 2+ years modern data architecture tools and technologies including graph databases, metadata practices, streaming and machine learning data preparation
- Demonstrated experience in leading transformation projects related to establishing an enterprise-wide data layer and establishing mature DataOps practices
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills to inform and influence technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action
- Experience with python or other programming language and software engineering best practices
- Experience migrating from on-prem to cloud data warehouse
- Knowledge of data application development or integration
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Information on Figure Eight Federal
Figure Eight Federal operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in Arlington, VA. Figure Eight Federal was founded in 2007. It has 13 total employees. To see all 4 open jobs at Figure Eight Federal, click here.
Read Full Job Description