Data Architect- (Hybrid Remote) at Citizant
Who We Are
Citizant is a leading provider of professional IT services to the U.S. government. We seek to address some of our country’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Agile transformation, DevSecOps automation, Enterprise Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Program Management support services – focusing on the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Treasury. We strive to hire only ethical, talented, passionate, and committed “A Players” who already align with the company’s core values: Drive, Delivery Excellence, Reputation, Responsibility, and a Better Future. No matter how large we grow, Citizant will retain its collaborative, supportive, small-business culture, where successful team efforts to address customer challenges is valued and rewarded.
The Values that Define Us (R2+D2=Better Future)
Responsibility. We pull our own weight, teach others how to pull theirs, and show up whenever a member of our tribe needs support. Responsibility is about maintaining a sense of ownership, delivering on our commitments, and being mindful of our wake.
Reputation. We create balanced outcomes, communicate our intentions with honesty and clarity, and honor our commitments. Reputation is about building and maintaining trust.
Drive. We lean into the hard work of empowering a vibrant and sustainable culture, creating jobs, developing leaders, communicating clearly, making a difference, and contributing to a greater outcome. Drive is about courage and faith,
Delivery Excellence. We focus on quality over quantity and value the journey of continuous process improvement and organizational maturity. Delivery Excellence is about pride in our work and fulfillment as a result.
Better Future. A Better Future is the reward given and received for living an authentic life of service – to each other, our customers, our loved ones, and our communities. Better Future is about giving more than we take.Job Description
Join our team of data dynamos to facilitate, define, and develop metadata management solutions in support of CDO offices in the federal space. The candidate will identify and recommend iterative improvements to manual and automated data governance processes, enterprise data standards, and large-scale data migration practices in support of legacy modernization initiatives. The ideal candidate will be well versed and experienced in optimizing cloud migrations using Azure tools and technologies.
- Provide strategic direction and technical expertise for enterprise data architecture and migration solutions.
- Develop data governance workflows and data ingest processes to improve data governance process automation and manual procedures.
- Recommend new features and improvements to enhance enterprise data standards awareness, dissemination, end user comprehension, and collaboration.
- Design end user workflows using the Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) specification.
- Document detailed data mappings and prescriptive guidance to help end users understand enterprise data assets and their relationship dependencies.
- Identify business processes impacting data quality and collaborate on improving data quality with the Communities of Interest (COI), data architects, data engineers, and development teams.
- Present abstractions of complex data architectures to mixed audiences to help promotion and adoption of new data governance practices.
- Document data quality metrics, data governance rules, data definitions, and data governance standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is required.
- 8+ years’ experience as a Data Architect, Solutions Architect, Data Engineer, or related role developing data and architectural solutions at the enterprise level.
- Implementation experience in cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc. Certification in one of these platforms is highly desirable.
- Experience in data migration methodologies and best practices on hybrid platforms.
- Experience designing, planning, and managing data migration and governance processes.
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts and project teams to identify, define, collate, document, and communicate data migration requirements.
- Executive-level consulting and communication skills.
- Experience developing executive dashboards using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, or Excel.
- Experience with data catalog tools such as Collibra, Informatica, Alation, or Data.World.
- Understanding of specification for Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN).
- Experience working with APIs and ETL tools to extract, transform, and load data to and from hybrid data sources.
- Active Public Trust or ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance is a must.
- US Citizenship required.
Citizant strives to be an employer of choice in the Washington metropolitan area. Citizant associates accept challenging and rewarding work and in return receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Citizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Citizant, Inc. is a federal contractor and must comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires that federal contract employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19. This means that all employees working for Citizant must be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an exemption on medical or religious grounds for an employee has been granted. For more information on Citizant’s policies on COVID-19 vaccinations, please contact [email protected]