Data Architect - Data Modeling Team at The PNC Financial Services Group (Cleveland, OH)
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company’s success. This position is primarily based in a location within PNC's footprint. Preferred locations are listed in this requisition. Responsibilities require time in the office or in a field on a regular basis. Some responsibilities can be performed remotely. Additional locations may be considered.
• Work as a member of the Data Modeling team in defining, implementing, and supporting databases for the enterprise data warehouse and related information systems
• The Data Modeler position requires strong business analysis skills and experience as well as experience working in teams implementing relational databases.
• Work with data analysts, source matter experts, and requestors to understand the business requirements and the information which supports the business requirements
• Develop and document business definitions of entities and attributes
• Recognize patterns and structures in the information requirements, understanding that data is sourced from many different systems and technology platforms to meet a wide variety of industry and regulatory requirements
• Work with the data modeling team to integrate new information requirements into the current data models, extending existing structures and adding new structures
• Translate logical models into physical data models using a data modeling tool and generating data definition language scripts
• Work with data analysts to develop specification and data mapping documents for data movement processes
• Review specifications for meaning, completeness, correctness, and compliance with internal standards
• Work with developers and data base administrators to support implantation of new requirements
Experience and Skills:
• Bachelors or master’s degree in business or information technology or similar discipline preferred.
• 5+ years of progressive responsibility within an information management or analysis environment with at least three to five years of relational database analysis and design experience.
• Conceptual, Logical, and Physical data modeling experience; familiarity with industry standard reference models would be a plus
• Data warehouse experience
• Banking experience preferred
• Teradata and/or Oracle experience preferred
• Experience with data modeling tools, Erwin preferred
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work within an Agile Team supporting business and technology professionals to develop an understanding of business and technical aspects of data sources and usage and to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
• Ability to lead and facilitate requirement and design work sessions with business analysts, source matter experts, information consumers, and developers
- Designs, develops and optimizes data warehouses, with flexible and scalable data and ETL architecture, to support business users and Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Analyzes business intelligence data and makes recommendations for data warehouse growth and integration an application/business function.
- Works with IT and business customers to capture requirements for designing the data warehouse architecture.
- Provides support and technical guidance to ensure the solutions are aligned with the architecture and framework.
- Leads and consults on the implementation and integration of data warehouses; ensures the solution meets organizational quality and integrity standards.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Additional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.