Data Annotator and Translator, Italian language (hourly employment via Workforce Logiq)
The position is fully remote (candidate must be authorized to work in the US, STEM OPT not accepted) and part-time: 20 hours a week at a minimum, maybe more by mutual agreement, up to 40 hours a week.
Partially flex-time: many assignments can be done outside of our business hours.
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Included on the prestigious Forbes AI 50 list and named a leader in The Forrester New Wave, Moveworks uses advanced machine learning to resolve employees’ requests, whether they need IT support, HR help, or policy information.
What you'll do:
As a Data Annotator, you will be categorizing, tagging, labeling, and evaluating textual information. This role is a blend of data annotation and translation.
In particular, some of the tasks you would do in this role are:
- Grading the quality of algorithmic responses to user queries
- Tagging salient information in user-entered text
- Identifying mentions of common software titles and other named entities in support tickets in IT and other enterprise domains
- Categorizing support tickets and chat utterances by user intent using a complex multi-dimensional taxonomy
- Evaluating the performance of an AI chatbot
- Giving human feedback to MT (machine translation) algorithms
- Evaluating and commenting on the accuracy of language detection machine learning algorithms
- Search relevance evaluation
- And, of course, translation (bi-directional)!
Expert fluency in English and Italian is required. Appreciation for language nuances borne out of bi-directional written translation experience and/or academic study is necessary for this job. We are especially interested in how you approach the level of formality in the source and the target language, as well as how attuned you are to issues surrounding the language register in translating instructions for users.
Some attributes of successful candidates are:
- Cultural awareness
- Passion for the study of languages with all its applications
- Attention to detail coupled with the ability to see the big picture
- Familiarity with the IT domain and its terminology in both English and Italian
- Reliable performance on repetitive tasks (we like to think of our tasks as “non-boring and repetitive”)
- An analytical mindset
- The ability to form and apply mental models consistently
- Accuracy at speed
- Motivation to meet recurrent deadlines on rolling tasks
- Ability to explain your thought process and decision making
- Willingness to put yourself in the shoes of others and empathetic understanding of the needs of users
- Proactive self-starter capable of focused independent work
- Adept at remote collaboration (Slack, ZOOM, Google suite)
- Excited to learn and improve
- Curious and creative
Work authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available. OPT for a year is acceptable, STEM OPT not accepted.
Candidates must also be fully vaccinated against covid-19.
Candidate selection process: successful completion of a take-home challenge (3 exercises in Google Forms, all in English, and a short bi-directional written translation test) is a prerequisite for being advanced to the interviewing stage. Interviews are conducted via ZOOM.