Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads smaller scale efforts to determine and develop data-driven departmental strategies to maximize performance and improve business results..
- Establishes relationships with the Healthcare Professional Liability Underwriting organization's Leadership; Uses these partnerships to identify opportunities to develop and advance data-driven strategic initiatives.
- Establishes relationships with the Healthcare Professional Liability Underwriting organization's staff professionals; Uses these partnerships to drive key operational insights and build process improvements and efficiencies.
- Interprets data and identifies relevant analyses; Monitors trends over time and provides actionable insights to determine actionable outcomes of the business area. Makes recommendations using technical experience, judgment, and precedents.
- Collaborates with Actuarial, Claim, Government Relations, Product, Risk Control and other functional areas to ensure operational activities are meeting overall business goals. Contributes to building an analytics and data culture in the Healthcare Professional Liability Underwriting organization.
- Stays current on trends and developments within the healthcare and the insurance industry. Focuses on continually learning to deepen knowledge of industry and areas of expertise. Share knowledge with others.
- Stays current on data science trends and developments.
Director or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid knowledge of the insurance industry, its products, practices and operations, focusing on healthcare professional liability.
- Solid knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik and other business related software.
- Proficiency with SQL. Knowledge of R and Python a plus.
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of business functions, statistical methods of analysis, company systems and databases, and their integration; Experience with Underwriting data a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data.
- Solid project management, organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and lead teams.
- Ability to effectively resolve complex situations and issues.
- Ability to solve issues with a sense of urgency; utilizes and manages the available resources to make informed decisions and achieve superior results.
- Ability to creatively and effectively manage through ambiguous and challenging problems, leads through change and takes appropriate level of risk.
- Ability to leverage enterprise applications for reporting and process improvement to meet business objectives.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or related field.
- Typically a minimum of seven years of related work experience.