Be part of an entrepreneurial team that provides critical support to the Healthcare Professional Liability Underwriting organization in areas such as data, reporting and analytics. In this role, you will help build complex datasets, establish metrics, provide insightful data analyses, work on advanced statistical models and partner with operational leaders to support the Healthcare Professional Liability Underwriting organization's intelligence needs. A successful candidate will have strong communication and technical skills, with excellent business acumen and the ability to multitask, to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs and make impactful data-driven recommendations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Performs moderately complex modeling for the purpose of quantifying the performance of the business area and evaluating operational changes. Reports findings to senior consultants and may make recommendations to management.
2. Interprets data and identifies relevant analyses; Monitors trends over time and provides actionable insights that support the active management of the business area.
3. Determines possible solutions using technical experience, judgment, and precedents.
4. Builds complex datasets, constructs data visualizations/dashboards and prepares reports for Leadership.
5. Identifies opportunities to leverage new IT solutions in support of analytics and reporting objectives.
6. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction; provides informal guidance to new team members.
7. May actively partner with other analytical teams across the organization and/or participate in special projects.
8. Responds to and fulfills ad hoc data requests.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Solid knowledge of core functions of an insurance company, general insurance and statistical, financial, and economic concepts, which may include healthcare professional liability.
2. Solid knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik and other business related software.
3. Proficiency with SQL. Knowledge of R and Python a plus.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues. Demonstrates attention to detail.
5. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
6. Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, manage time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
7. Solid project management skills and strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage work deliverables/projects effectively.
8. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make critical business decisions effectively within scope of authority based on data analyses and reviews.
9. Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinons and ideas.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or related field.
2. Typically a minimum of four years of related work experience.