Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The business analyst role serves to help guide GBS business in improving end-to-end business processes and systems by creating detailed business analysis, outlining problems, and identifying opportunities and solutions. The role is responsible for successful delivery of Plan to Deliver (P2D) solutions and the functional maintenance of the enabling technology applications.
Amongst other business analyst roles within the function, the hire for this role with have a differentiated focus on data analytics as a desired specialization; focused on enabling control tower, balanced scorecard, and statistical process control reporting and visualization, as well as supporting master data integrity and advancement efforts and GBS growth into ML and AI business services.
- Participate in production support and enhancement activities and act as a liaison with business process owners to validate requirements for changes to processes and recommend ERP and APS related best practices.
- Participate in user sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, configuration, unit testing, and UAT.
- Act as a functional subject matter expert of the P2D process; including fundamental demand, inventory and supply planning principles across all planning horizons, MRP, DRP, logistics and warehousing management, and in-particular reporting, database administration, and data management.
- Create Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) for the development of reports, forms, configurations, interfaces, and enhancements.
- Manage and coordinate changes and unit and regression testing with integration partners.
- Collaborate with other functional and technical teams on business needs, information, applications, and long term plans while helping to ensure integration with strategic plans.
- Generate test scenarios and scripts, perform unit testing, and coordinate user acceptance testing to resolve and close defects.
- Develop work instructions and job aids for end user training.
- Manage business process mapping, process re-engineering and gap analysis. Recommend opportunities for streamlining, consolidating and optimizing processes.
- Assist with solution strategies for business requirements, enhancement requests and defect fixes. Identify, develop and deliver business and technical solutions.
- Provide application expertise and support strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing productivity, and delivering process efficiencies.
- Work independently while managing multiple priorities in a global environment; interacting with and influencing business partners at all levels.
- Develop expertise in Ball data lake, reporting, and systems connection tools, I.T. architecture, and the available data elements.
- Support the development of standardized/centralized analytical reporting.
- Support the identification, prioritization, and implementation of new platform and process capabilities.
- Support change management and training relative to new processes or platforms; coordinate user testing and acceptance.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to facilitate knowledge transfer and translate complex technical issues into compelling business benefits
- Proficiency writing functional requirements specifications and bridging the gap between business and technical groups
- Strong knowledge and experience in data-focused disciplines such as master data management, reporting software, database administration, and advanced analytics.
- Strong skills in communication across job levels and cultures, consulting, solutioning
- Strong customer facing skills, ability to influence and motivate internal/externals teams and vendor partners.
- Strong attention to detail and high quality of work output
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
- APICS and/or Six Sigma Certification desired. Database administration (Oracle, Microsoft) certification desired. PMP certification also a plus.
- Experience with Plan to Deliver system implementation preferred
- Hands on experience in configuring, testing and implementing Plan to Deliver solutions that integrate with other workstreams, like Customer 2 Cash
- SAP experience, JDE experience a plus
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
Demonstrated Analyst Abilities Common to All:
Business Insight: Has an in depth understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
Customer Focus: Builds strong relationships to deliver customer centric solutions
Collaborates: Facilitates open dialog and works collaboratively across the organization
Cultivate Innovation: Pays attention to business needs and comes up with new ideas, improvements that bring value
Manage Complexity: Asks questions, analyzes complex problems, finds creative solutions
Ball has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing compensation ranges to ensure we remain competitive and inclusive.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Grade: 12
For all applicants, the appropriate local market competitive Salary ranges will be applied based on your experience and local market position.
For applicants that will be hired in the U.S., the anticipated salary range for this position is: $86,500 - $132,000. In all other markets, more information will be provided during the application process.
This role may be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan appropriate to the country of hire.
Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, specific to each country of Hire.
For applicants that will be hired in the U.S., please go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more about our U.S. Benefits. In all other markets, more information will be provided during the application process.
This role can be Fully Remote. Ball is a global company that seeks the most talented candidates, no matter their location. We currently operate in over 40 countries around the world and are willing to consider qualified candidates that have work authorization in any of our locations.
Applicants seeking a position in a country that is different than their residence may be required to provide personal information based on local regulatory requirements. For example, if an applicant lives outside the United States, but is applying to a U.S.-based position, applicants will be required to provide data that is required under U.S. law during the application.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans