Data Analytics Manager - Core Services at Uber
About the Role
As a Data Analytics Manager in the Safety and Insurance team, you will have an opportunity to build out a new team of data analysts to support personal safety initiatives impacting our users globally. This will be a highly cross-functionally role that will work closely with safety operations, engineering, product management, and partner data teams. You will build out and own key safety operations metrics, provide key insights, conduct deep dive analysis to understand new opportunities and present findings, and work with partners on coming up with new policy and product solutions while measuring impact. You will play an influential role in helping drive critical product and policy decisions.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead a high performing team of data analysts
- Build scalable reporting for key business metrics
- Lead recurring metrics read-outs and provide insights to stakeholders including leadership
- Conduct deep dive analysis on new safety opportunities and present findings
- Support experimentation for new safety operations initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with complex data analysis and metrics reporting
- Minimum 2 years building and leading Analytics teams
- Expertise in Python
- Proficiency with SQL and Hive / Spark
- Strong statistical background
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experimentation (A/B testing, synthetic controls) experience
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Enthusiasm for trust and safety!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.