Data Analytics Engineer (Remote) at TradeRev (Indianapolis, IN)
| Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:26 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 4, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
About Our Team:
KAR Data Services is expanding our Analytics team, delivering advanced insights and embedded analytics supporting teams across the organization as well as our customers.
About Our Candidate:
Our ideal candidate will have strong SQL skills and experience modeling data for BI use. They will have a love of data, and effective communication both with our data science and analytics teams, as well as our business stakeholders and product teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Designing data models for use in BI self-service tools and supporting our embedded analytics platform
- Supporting our data science teams with deploying data models
- Support data discovery and data governance by maintaining data dictionaries and data lineage
- Provide quality assurance and testing on our most critical data pipelines
- Support answering business questions using analysis and visualization techniques
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Candidates typically have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or computer science field, or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to read and explain query plans and optimize those queries and underlying data stores as necessary
- Understanding of common statistical measures and practices
- Distilling business requirements into actionable technical tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Snowflake SQL syntax
- Experience with deploying data models in Tableau or Sisense specifically, or another equivalent BI tool
- Familiarity with data science models and deployment in a production environment
- Python, as well as common libraries associated with data such as Pandas and Numpy
- Experience in cloud environments, preferably AWS or Azure, or equivalent platforms
Who We Are:
KAR Data Services, KAR Global’s enterprise data products organization, is comprised of a team that is passionate about the intersection of data, technology, and cars. As the Chicago-based innovation and data science hub for KAR, this team of data scientists and analysts creates new products to help power the company’s physical, online, and digital/mobile automotive auction marketplaces. We were founded in 2015 and joined the KAR family of companies in April 2017.
More Information on TradeRev
TradeRev operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Carmel, IN. TradeRev was founded in 2009. It has 299 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits. To see all jobs at TradeRev, click here.
Read Full Job Description