Be part of the Analytics and Data Model Office (ADMO) team to provides critical support to and directly partners with CNA's Underwriting Operations organization in areas such as data, reporting and analytics. In this role you will help establish metrics, provide insightful data analyses, work on advanced statistical models and partner with operational leaders and data engineers to support Underwriting Operations' intelligence needs. The successful candidate will have strong communication and technical skills, with excellent business acumen and the ability to multi-task, to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs and make impactful data-driven recommendations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Play a key role in defining, analyzing, and monitoring health-of-business key metrics for Underwriting Operations' partners . Recommend and execute scientific methodology to evaluate operational changes.
- Establish and nurture relationships with Underwriting Operations' professionals and leaders. Leverage these interactions and partnerships to identify opportunities for business improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to innovate and improve efficiency of managing and curating data, allowing for better scale, speed, and accuracy of producing analyses, metrics and insights.
- Develop dashboards and reports that provide actionable insights to Underwriting Operations' Leadership team.
- Partner with in-house data scientists to assist in the building, application, and monitoring of statistical models that aim to optimize productivity and maximize return to operational investments.
- Demonstrate high level of empowerment and accountability by working independently and receiving minimal guidance; act as a resource for colleagues with less experience by providing instruction, guidance, and advice.
- Respond to and fulfill ad-hoc requests. May perform additional duties as assigned.
You will report to a Director (or above)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with SQL. Knowledge of R and Python a plus.
- High degree of familiarity with applications such as Google BigQuery, ThoughtSpot, and Looker. Familiarity with Alteryx, Tableau, Qlikview and other business intelligence and visualization software a plus.
- Experience with data mining and exploration, and use of statistical methods of analysis. AI/machine learning skills a big plus.
- Knowledge of workflows, company systems, databases, and their integration. Background in Insurance a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a keen ability to extract relevant insights and "tell the story" with complex data.
- Strong project management, organization and planning skills; high level of comfort with ambiguity and limited resources.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, or related field.
- Typically a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience