Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Data team
Our Data team is committed to extracting key insights from our data and providing actionable recommendations to the business. We develop the techniques to provide accurate company-wide and team-specific metrics. And we enable good decisions through partnership with other teams to understand their data needs and ensure good data practices.What you will do
As a Data Analyst at Karat, you will build a variety of tools that provide teams the data needed to extract key insights. You will build a variety of reports and dashboards, following good analysis practices that test hypotheses and answer a variety of questions essential to the business. Working closely with Product Managers and Software Engineers, you will deliver insights that help all teams more efficient and productive as Karat scales.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Build scalable tools that provide internal teams the insights necessary to ensure the most important data is visible throughout the company.
- Develop SQL queries and dashboards that are critical to our day-to-day business intelligence.
- Optimize and improve the processes by which we review and analyze data.
- Improve our data quality, ingest new data at-scale, and drive improvements in our user experience and business decisions.
- Collaborate with engineering and business leaders to prioritize and triage incoming requests by importance.
- Be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical users to understand data requirements.
- 2+ years of experience using SQL in a data role or data-driven business role
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field, such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Information Management
- Professional experience with PostgreSQL or another relational database
- Experience calculating summary statistics such as mean, median, proportions, frequency tables, etc.
- Familiarity with mathematical and statistical concepts such as confidence intervals, probability distributions and statistical significance
- Working knowledge with an imperative language such as Python or Ruby
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].