Data Analyst at Nextiva
At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We’re not your parent’s phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don’t study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we’re the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you’re saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We’re actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
The Hardware Team Data Analyst will perform reporting duties related to reconciliation of end customer Hardware orders and invoices from Nextiva’s distribution partners and vendors. This role will be part of the hardware organization, while working closely with Finance department in a fast-paced environment. He/she will perform daily review of invoices and develop processes (with both internal and external business partners, i.e. vendors) and analytical approaches to automate reconciliation. The role will involve managing monthly and annual close processes, development and maintenance of documentation to support strong internal controls. If you love being challenged and solving problems, then this is the role for you.
- Manage all reconciliation efforts for Hardware organization
- Work closely with primary Finance Accounting organization for closing reconciliation details
- Work with internal and external (vendors) business partners to develop processes and procedures for efficient reconciliation of hardware billing
- Record and reconcile revenue each month in accordance with ASC 605
- Determine device subsidy and unshipped device cost
- Monitor product costs against a standard cost list per SKU that Nextiva orders. Work with vendors to ensure Nextiva receives appropriate credits for over charges that may have occurred as a result of incorrect pricing and ensuring mitigating controls and processes are in place to prevent such over charges
- Perform P&L variance analysis and investigate significant differences
- Provide real time and accurate reports to support company leadership
- Participate in process development and continuous improvement projects
- Summarize and validate large volumes of monthly transactions utilizing excel
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in documents and reports
- Partner with the business to ensure revenue for new products is accurately captured
- Perform ad hoc projects as requested
- Proficient to expert Microsoft Excel experience
- A minimum of 3 years accounting experience required, including managing billing and invoice payments for physical goods (Hardware)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong attention to data integrity, accuracy, precision, and data gathering skills
- Continuous improvement mindset and proven exposure/experience to Six Sigma Lean projects and methods preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining and delivering outstanding results
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and to complete them in a timely manner
- Ability to take initiative, identify issues, act independently, and communicate and present recommendations to senior management
- Strong organization, verbal, and communication skills
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Ability to work extended hours if required
- Experience with accounting software billing and payment systems (Oracle Preferred)
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We’re outpacing our competitors, and it’s an exciting time to join our team. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We’re passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we’ve earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nextiva participates in the E-Verify Program where and as required by law. For additional information about E-Verify visit USCIS.