Data Analyst at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Data Analyst
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Data Analyst to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a Data Analyst, you are not only excited about discovering insights but also believe that information is power and should be shared. You’ll work with the rest of the Data team to explore and report on end users’ activities, facilitate tools that enable data exploration, and help our engineering and product teams build our products with Data in mind. You’ll also be integral in defining and maintaining data quality standards, providing solutions for data anomalies in flight and at rest.
What you’ll do
- Research, analyze, consolidate, and interpret data using statistical and data analytics methods to create business-relevant information
- Function as a subject matter expert on Jellyvision’s data and the primary troubleshooter on data issues
- Be a full member of the Data Engineering team, participating in all sprint activities and day-to-day team life
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather reporting, data requirements to support business processes, and to extract maximum value from data
- Work closely with product and dependent cross-functional teams to ensure that analytics are getting generated correctly while also ensuring the data resiliency, integrity, confidentiality and high availability of data
- Analyze and define the data related to research involved for the product teams, data dictionary, syntax and semantics of analytics coming from our products and provide information to the product team so that the work can be effectively prioritized
- Work with data that is in flight and at rest in our distributed systems, including S3 and Snowflake
- Participate in data orchestration that includes data collection, transformations, tests and deploys
- Proactively seek opportunities to automate and improve processes
- Document processes and procedures, and create standard operating procedures as needed
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 1+ years of experience as Data Analyst or Business Intelligence analyst
- Strong SQL skills and experience writing large volumes of data and various database technologies
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, Looker, PowerBI
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Be able to multitask and manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience in on-call support rotation schedule
- Be self-motivated and entrepreneurial with keen attention to detail and execution
- Stakeholder management chops: the ability to interface with teams across the org to make sure everyone’s getting what they need
Nice to have:
○ Knowledge of the ETL/ELT processes
○ Data related object-oriented programming experience in Java, C/C++/C#, R, Scala, Python (preferred)
- Action oriented
- Drives Results
- Manages Complexities
- Tech Savvy
- Instills Trust
- Communicates Effectively
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!