Data Analyst / Senior Data Analyst at GlossGenius (Remote)
GlossGenius is building an ecosystem enabling entrepreneurs to succeed. We empower small business owners to focus on being creators, not admins, by offering a range of business management tools including booking and scheduling, marketing, analytics, payment processing and much more.
Tens of thousands of small business owners have chosen to rely on GlossGenius every day to run their entire set of business operations. With its powerful, intuitive platform, GlossGenius is some part a fin-tech company, some part an SMB software company, while its vibrant, distinguished brand makes it some part a consumer company.
About The Team
The Business Analytics team both serves as the “brain” of the business and builders of the “data muscle” across the organization. We wear a number of different hats, playing the roles of chief architect of our dbt DAG, joint owner and steward of our Snowflake data warehouse, expert of business intelligence tools, sought-after thought partner for strategic questions, builder of processes and best practices for governed data use, and wrangler of people, priorities and projects to keep us focused on the right things.
The team assumes full ownership of our front-end data tech stack. We're currently using Stitch for ingestion, dbt for transformations, and Snowflake for storage.
About The Role
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for building and managing the data models, tools, dashboards, and operational processes used to deliver trusted data and insights to company stakeholders both internal and external. You will be a go-to thought partner for analytics support and data tooling solutions within the business team, and you will scope and execute high impact data analyses used to inform key business decisions and influence strategic priorities for the company.
You will work cross-functionally with marketing, product, engineering and customer support teams to place data at the center of all of our activity. You’ll be expected to lead strategic conversations with stakeholders about what we should measure in each domain, framed in context of the company’s overarching strategic goals.
You will report to the Head of Business Analytics.
What you'll do
- Perform deep analysis on complex business questions
- Serve as a strategic advisor and trusted thought partner to teams across the company
- Use dbt to design and build data models that enable great analysis
- Gather and prioritize data needs from various teams, and make sure we’re asking the right questions & tracking the right metrics
- Build and maintain core reporting and analytics data pipelines that provide critical support to team operations and decision-making
- Drive adoption of business intelligence tools among company stakeholders of varying technical aptitudes through training and ongoing support
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of work experience in an analytical role, preferably in Business Operations, Strategy, or Analytics at a top SaaS organization, management consulting firm, or financial services institution
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience working with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Mode, etc.)
- Ability to distill broad questions into structured frameworks for analyzing and drawing insights from data
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive health & dental insurance options, with premiums partially covered by GG
- Fertility and adoption benefits via Carrot and Kindbody
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave policy
- 401k benefit - employees are eligible to contribute starting day 1 of employment
- Professional Development - employees receive a yearly stipend for approved learning and educational-related expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Home office stipend
- Team Bonding opportunities - annual company retreat for entire team, plus virtual events throughout the year
In order to enter the NY office or participate in any in-person events, all employees must show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. For those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated, GlossGenius will engage in an interactive process to determine a reasonable accommodation.
At GlossGenius, we celebrate our differences and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees feel supported and empowered to do their best work. We believe this benefits not only our employees but our product, customers, and community as well. GlossGenius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.