Data Analyst, Risk at Octane (Dallas, TX)
Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than $1B since inception. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for more than 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $192M in capital from leading investors, including Valar Ventures, IA Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Third Prime, Progressive Insurance and Citi Ventures and our lending securities are rated AA by Standard & Poor’s.
We are seeking a bright and resourceful analyst to join the Dealer Risk Strategy team at Octane. The Dealer Risk Strategy team is responsible for holistically managing dealers from onboarding/enrollment, to monitoring performance, dealer actions plans, rehabilitation through possible termination. An ideal candidate for this role can parse large volumes of data to get to an answer that generates business value on how to manage the dealer portfolio. They have a scientific mindset and are excited to run the experiments that will further optimize our loan portfolio. Lastly, they are a structured thinker who can methodically explain their analysis to senior leaders in the risk organization.
Specifically, you will:
- Analyze the portfolios of dealers to find sources of incremental yield, mitigate excess risk, and optimize for value
- Design and monitor key Dealer Risk KPIs to provide recommendations of good and poor performing dealers
- Optimize strategies to manage dealer performance within risk and business constraints
- Forecast loss and performance under varied credit and economic conditions
- Build dashboards to provide business insights and drive risk strategy decisions
- Optimize internal and external reporting processes
- Improve sophistication and technical implementation of current approaches
- Create and maintain dealer risk policy documentation
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, econometrics, or engineering
- 1-2 years experience in risk management at a financial institution, comparable experience in an analytical environment, or related Master’s degree
- Self-starter who thrives on autonomy
- Comfort working with large datasets
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Hands-on programming experience with SQL, Python, or other languages preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company non-elective contribution AND company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.