Data Analyst Quantitative Marketing at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
In today’s world, data is king and this is the team with all the data. If you’re excited about understanding complex data sets from disparate sources, this is the team for you. Our data science and analytics team automates everything Carvana does from modeling consumer behavior to understanding how to make our users’ lives better.
In our Quantitative Marketing team, you will be responsible for all the proactive outreach to our customers. At Carvana, we sell cars but are not car salespeople so we need a new way to reach our customers. Don’t know anything about marketing? That’s ok! We want someone who loves data and can use SQL and Python to create complex models. We can teach you the difference between Facebook and billboard advertising.
What you’ll be doing
- Build automation in our marketing channels to drive consumer demand for the business.
- Understand and optimize the precise mechanics and data underpinning each of our marketing channels, particularly the digital ones.
- Analyze large data sets in SQL, Python or similar tools to actively monitor campaign performance and identify opportunities for top-line growth and/or efficiency gains.
- Automate (or spec out work for dedicated developers and data scientists to automate) marketing processes including the incorporation of data into real-time decision making.
- e.g., bidding algorithms, data visualization, dynamic creatives, etc.
- Build dashboards using Tableau or similar to explain/communicate marketing performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Brand and Data Science teams to ensure alignment with Carvana’s creative strategy and leverage our internal analytical capabilities.
- Partner closely with Google, Facebook, etc. to build and maintain strong relationships that position Carvana as a preferred advertiser with benefits including beta testing and access to engineers.
- Track marketing spend (manually and via API, depending on the type of spend) and collaborate with the accounting team to ensure we are on tracking correctly to budgeted plans.
- Regularly update Carvana’s senior executive team on marketing performance, opportunities, and testing strategy.
- Design and execute A/B tests on creative elements of campaigns, including ad copy headlines, ad descriptions, ad formats, and ad images.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar field with a strong academic record; graduate degree preferred.
- 1-4+ years of experience in analytics or quantitative practices working in data warehouse environments.
- Comfort navigating and manipulating large data sets to identify trends and underlying drivers.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to complete projects in Python or R (there's a Python interview, so you'll want to know it!).
- Experience with Tableau or a similar visualization tool is a plus.
- Ability to thrive (and preference to work) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with frequently changing goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems, particularly using data to help answer somewhat nebulous questions (e.g., how consumers make purchasing decisions).
- Excellence in implementation, including attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm and positive energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves.
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? You should still give it a shot! Research shows that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we're builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.