Data Analyst, Product Analytics at M1
Who we are
M1 has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We've been named a 2021 Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune and listed on Built In’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
The Analytics team is seeking an experienced analyst to develop product measurement plans and surface data-driven insights about how people use M1 products. This role will collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, and data scientists, to improve the M1 client experience.
We’re a low-ego and fast-moving team that welcomes diverse perspectives.
What you’ll do
- Present deep-dive analyses of users’ clickstream data to senior management, to drive business decisions.
- Plan, manage, and interpret A/B experiments.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in M1 product data taxonomy, developing a strong point of view on the best tracking conventions, metrics, and segmentations to measure and improve M1 products.
- Build, document, and monitor data pipelines and dashboards regarding users’ app interactions
- Train business users to effectively answer questions using M1 data tools.
- Define processes to help embed data analysis throughout product discovery and development.
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst or website/app analyst.
- BS, or equivalent project experience, in a technical field like Marketing Analytics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
- Fluency with complex SQL queries on large datasets. You should be comfortable with joins, window functions, and strategies to optimize slow-running queries.
- Strong experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools. M1 primarily uses Tableau for visualization.
- Experience with a web or app analytics tool, like Amplitude, Google Analytics, or Adobe Analytics.
- Familiarity with statistical concepts of A/B experiments, such as significance and power.
- Presentation skill to translate complex data analyses into compelling stories for a generalist audience.
- Experience with python for data manipulation and machine learning – for example, pandas + scikit-learn.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement) and five Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Pride, Black, Latinx, and Women at M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym