Data Analyst, Operations at SmartHop (Miami, FL)
Truckers move America’s economy. They should never struggle to find decent pay and fair treatment. SmartHop is on a mission to level the playing field in the trucking industry for independent owner-operators and small trucking companies so they can compete, take control of their businesses, and feel the freedom of being independent again.
SmartHop is a tech-enabled platform offering easy load booking, end-to-end back-office support, and business in a box solution aimed at helping truckers earn more and stress less. Uplifting truckers is what moves us, and in doing so, we will change the industry.
At SmartHop, different views and experiences are advantages. We value and celebrate inclusion, diversity, and being our authentic selves at work. We look for talented individuals who can bring new perspectives and new ways of thinking. We’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission of empowering truckers, who like to roll up their sleeves, and do meaningful work every day.
Founded in 2018, we are a proud team Headquartered in Miami, FL but flexible to operate remotely. SmartHop’s investors include Union Square Ventures, Greycroft, Equal Ventures, Las Olas VC, and Ryder Venture Capital Fund.
If you’d like to understand more about SmartHop’s mission, please check out this video: Click here
About the Role
We are seeking a Data Analyst to join our Strategy and Ops team to lead Business Intelligence in a fast-growing start-up. This position reports directly to the Strategy & Analysis Manager.
Location: Miami, FL (preferred) or Remote
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Be a trusted advisor to executives and functional leaders by communicating actionable insights in a way that is easy to understand and interpret
- Have an eye for trend detection and defining customer needs to help executives achieve their objectives
- Understand business goals, learn very fast how to find and pull data. Then build fast prototypes in Excel or other BI tools to illustrate the possibilities
- Build dashboards in Tableau to inform executives and to monitor, evaluate, and improve business operations
- Monitor the existing KPIs and develop new KPIs to measure what matters
The perfect candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (engineering, Physics, Mathematics, statistics, CS, economics etc.) or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in an analytical, quantitative or engineering role
- The ability to analyze large data sets with comfort and confidence
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL
- Prior experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Cognos, Tableau, Looker)
- Organized and methodical with strong attention to detail
- The willingness to always be a part of the solution by carving new paths
- The ability to earn trust by delivering high quality and timely results
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- Experience with Tableau
- Proficiency in R or Python
- The ability to create simple financial models and calculate enterprise value
At SmartHop we know our people are our number one asset, therefore we put a premium on hiring and retaining the best talent. For that reason, we reward our employees with a competitive salary and a benefits package including family medical, vision, and dental programs, unlimited PTO, and paid parental leave.