GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
GoodRx is looking for curious data analysts who are deft at working with SQL and who are comfortable with a variety of databases and raw data formats. We function in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You will collaborate and work with teams across the organization to ensure our data standards, pipelines and processes are held to high standards in order to guide finance, product, and marketing decisions.
The duties and responsibilities of a data analyst include more than collecting and analyzing data. They also have to make this data accessible to those who need the information to streamline business processes. In general, the day-to-day activities of a data analyst may include the following:
- Monitor database content and provide recommendations to ensure that data quality, sanity, and accuracy are upheld
- Collaborate with a range of cross-functional stakeholders in multiple departments to understand data content, clarify business requirements, and formulate recommendations
- Perform intensive investigation and analysis of data anomalies and determine root causes
- Perform statistical analysis of large datasets
- Develop and manage monthly reporting for a range of internal customers
- Develop reporting tools & content to identify data outliers and issues
- Build valuable insights for our stakeholders by performing the analytical work to:
- Enable fast and accurate attribution and adjudication of prescription claims and coupons
- Improve vendor & pharmacy relationships and maximize patient savings
- Analyze utilization patterns of GoodRx’s core product to inform product and marketing decisions and strategic planning
- Monitor transaction performance, implement automated reporting and conduct deep dives on drivers behind trends and anomalies that impact GoodRx’s top key results dramatically
Skills & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys both being in-the-weeds with data and synthesizing analyses for non-technical collaborators and product leadership
- Ability to work extensively with SQL
- Proven ability to manipulate and interpret data to produce insights and recommendations across large/diverse datasets
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Presentation-building skills (PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.) and a good eye for concise data visualization (Excel, Google Charts, etc)
- Ability to triage suspected inconsistency with data and work through SQL scripts to determine root cause
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to define and manage overall schedule and availability for a variety of data sets
- Use of data mining techniques to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns to help build and improve our products
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using one or more statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Nice to have: experience with writing LookML and Looker
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.