Data Analyst II at The Walt Disney Company
This is an opportunity to join a team to improve the user’s experience through analyzing Disney Streaming’s entire ecosystem, identifying areas of improvement, and building custom solutions to proactively expedite issue identification and root cause analysis. The analysis and insights you create will help drive engineering initiatives and priorities.
To be successful in this role, you need to be a strong data analyst; always striving to solve complex problems at scale. A background in distributed services and client architecture is preferred. Whether you’re in New York, California, Seattle, or remote, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
- Identify issues that impact performance, reliability, and user experience
- Triage and determine the root cause of ecosystem reliability engineering events
- Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization
- Partner with cross-functional teams in identifying, defining, supporting, and improving reliability and performance
- Work with a group of data scientists, analysts, and engineers in the development of analytical models using statistical, machine learning and data mining methodologies
Basic Qualifications :
- 3+ years experience in defining, documenting, and implementing Data Quality best practices, policies & procedures, preferably with consumer data in a large organization
- 3+ years' experience in SQL programming: ability to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, and investigate potential root causes
- A strong professional background in data manipulation, data analytics, and/or system analysis
- Knowledge of key statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, A/B testing, regression analysis, clustering, anomaly detection)
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and innate curiosity to troubleshoot and dive deep into complex technical issues
- Proficient in Python. Java or Scala is a plus
- Experience in data processing using SQL and PySpark
- Advanced (Master or PhD) degree with specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or another quantitative field or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in streaming industry, knowledge of client and server-side architecture a plus
- 3+ years of Python, Spark, Pyspark or Scala