Crypto Analyst/Writer at Coinbase
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As a Crypto Analyst and Writer on the Crypto Intelligence team, you will be conducting research to gather, analyze and synthesize intelligence about crypto projects and initiatives across the crypto asset ecosystem. You will serve as a subject matter expert on the crypto initiatives you cover, and will work with cross-functional teams (e.g., legal, compliance) to provide them with the knowledge and insights necessary to provide our crypto partners with the best experience possible. In addition, you will be responsible for creating documentation that can help internal and external constituents understand complex subjects in ways that are easy to understand and remember.What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Conduct due diligence on crypto projects, including directly liaising with asset issuers. Write internal reports that synthesize your learnings, working cross-functionally to educate various teams on all elements of the projects and program.
- In addition to writing internal reports, own and manage documentation on crypto projects and initiatives, to empower internal cross-functional teams and external constituents who have a need to easily and quickly understand complex matters.
- Manage the rigor of day-to-day operations with energy, enthusiasm, empathy towards colleagues, and a strong bias for action.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams (such as Legal, Compliance, and Information Security) to conduct research and due diligence on crypto assets. Help identify emerging trends, risks, blockers and flags to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Stay informed of news, forks, governance, and other major events associated with assets supported on Coinbase platforms.
- Partner with external stakeholders such as law firms, researchers, security auditors, and asset issuing teams to help prioritize, review, and launch new assets.
- Build and maintain internal tools (including spreadsheets) to track information about different assets.
- Prioritize competing tasks and deadlines, using data driven decision making.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for crypto assets, and coordinate Q&A/FAQs across various internal teams and external parties.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of total experience working in project management, customer support/success, account management, or similar roles.
- 5+ years experience in technical and/or non-technical writing for use cases such as training, customer support/education, blog posts, and knowledge center articles, for fast-paced, fast-changing companies/industries.
- Startup experience, with demonstrated ability to move fast while maintaining an excellent quality bar.
- Experience building and maintaining spreadsheets, and performing basic data analysis.
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills.
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; great listener with the ability to concisely synthesize complex issues. Ability to translate complex information effectively across the organization to compliance, legal, engineering, and executives
- Have a positive attitude, motivate your team, and drive projects to completion through influence, through shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Strategic thinking and an ability to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives (including legal, finance, business, engineering, and customer experience) to create actionable improvements.
- Metrics orientation, ability to work with data and willingness to track results, activities and manage third party vendors and relationships.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, speed, initiative, and ability to pierce through obstacles no matter what is thrown in front of you.
- Excellence in making informed judgements, setting priorities in ambiguous situations, and driving projects to completion while maintaining outstanding quality.
- Ability to collaborate with teammates, navigate relationships in both crypto and the broader technology ecosystem, and ensure that entrepreneurs have an excellent experience engaging with Coinbase.
- Computer Science degree or experience in software engineering.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency and Coinbase's business.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $127,075 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.