Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than 2X year-over-year. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $139M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners, and our lending securities are rated AA by S&P.
The analyst position on the credit strategy team is a high-growth role that provides a comprehensive grounding in consumer credit risk management.
Specifically, you will:
- Analyze our credit portfolio to find sources of incremental yield, mitigate excess risk, and optimize for value
- Design and monitor key credit KPIs to provide insights into the credit lifecycle
- Optimize strategies to underwrite consumer loan programs within risk and business constraints
- Forecast loss and performance under varied credit and economic conditions
- Improve sophistication and technical implementation of current approaches
- Create and maintain credit policy documentation
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, econometrics, or engineering
- 1-2 years experience in credit risk management at a financial institution, comparable experience in an analytical environment, or related Master’s degree
- Self-starter who thrives on autonomy
- Comfort working with large datasets
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Hands-on programming experience with SQL, Python, or other languages preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks time off (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company non-elective contribution AND company match!
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.