Corporate Development & Strategy Senior Analyst (Hybrid) at Origami Risk (Chicago, IL)
Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Develops independent perspectives on key issues, while simultaneously enabling effective decision making across the organization.
- Creates business case and scenario models for assessments of new and emerging business opportunities.
- Supports strategic initiatives through critical thinking and analytics.
- Creates go to market (sales, inside sales, marketing, etc.) metrics and reports to optimize performance and inform business decisions.
- Builds and maintains unit economic models, customer segmentation and profitability analyses, and SaaS KPI tracking for key stakeholders.
- Calculates and creates department-level efficiency models to measure performance and inform hiring decisions.
- Establishes business partnerships with key divisions and departments (sales, account management, inside sales, marketing, service, product).
- Partners in analyzing new product investments and ROI.
- Contributes to long-term and annual strategy planning.
- Collaborates on sourcing, evaluating, and executing M&A opportunities as needed.
- Assists in preparation for monthly management meetings by reporting on KPIs and asking next-level questions to ensure transparency into operating results.
- Prepares presentations and key reporting to Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Ad hoc financial modeling support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, corporate development, or related role
- Strong critical thinking skills, efficient with limited resources and information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable with communicating upwards
- Entrepreneurial approach to solving ambiguous or complex business issues
- Proven experience using data and metrics to design and implement strategic plans and drive results in a high growth environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Expert MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for risk management, insurance, safety, and compliance. We've designed our single-platform, cloud-based software to be easily configurable to meet the needs of insured corporate and public entities, brokers and risk consultants, insurers and MGAs, third party claims administrators (TPAs), risk pools, and more. To fulfill our singular focus of helping our clients achieve their business objectives, our software is supported by a best-in-class service team of experienced risk, insurance, and safety professionals who have an ideal balance of industry knowledge and technological expertise.
Since its founding in 2009, Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the "Best Places to Work" and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).