Content Analyst at Govini (Pittsburgh, PA)
| Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:37 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its National Security Knowledge Graph and Decision Science Platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
At Govini, the Content Analyst position is responsible for managing the quality, consistency, and accuracy of our data. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify data issues, define corresponding solutions, and execute updates to our key data assets. You enjoy heads down work as well as problem solving as a team. You are eager to learn new skills and adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced startup. Today’s solutions may not solve tomorrow’s problems, and you enjoy tackling new challenges. You are a technology and data nerd who strives to always deliver the best product to our customers. You take direction when necessary and deliver results. You don’t hesitate to identify problems and take the lead on finding the answers. You are a self-starter who leads by example.
In order to do this job well, you must be a highly organized problem-solver with a methodical approach to solving problems. You are independent, driven and motivated to jump in and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You lead by influence and motivation. You have a passion for great work and nothing less than your best will do. You share our intolerance of mediocrity. You’re uber-smart, challenged by figuring things out and producing simple solutions to complex problems. Knowing there are always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward. You’re scrappy. We like scrappy.
This is a full-time team member position, working a hybrid remote/in-office schedule in our Pittsburgh, PA office. This role reports to the Chief Decision Scientist.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Understand the ins and outs of the data, and how changes to the underlying records impact product functionality and the end user experience
- Review data quality issues and publish changes through an automated user interface
- Work from a queue of auto-generated and manually-identified data quality issues
- Research solutions and drive scalable processes wherever possible
- Assist in establishing key benchmarks for data cleansing throughput and overall data quality
- Incorporate customer and internal feedback into the data curation process
- Make recommendations for process improvements and technology enhancements
- Develop the core functions of the role as the business needs evolve
- Candidate must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a technology company or business environment
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A burning desire to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and grow professionally
- Some experience with SQL and databases
- Data analysis or advanced Excel
- Experience working in a data or technology business
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information on Govini
Govini operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Arlington, VA, Pittsburgh, PA and San Francisco, CA. Govini was founded in 2011. It has 80 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 22 open jobs at Govini, click here.
Read Full Job Description