Consumer Insights - Decision Sciences and Analytics Lead for Americas at NielsenIQ (Remote)
Consumer Insights - Data Science and Analytics Lead for Americas
(Remote – Must be US or Canada based)
Reference ID: REF10750P
About this job
NielsenIQ is looking for a passionate and ambitious data scientist for its Consumer Insights Americas team. Consumer Insights works in a field that brings together different points in the consumer journey to help clients make both tactical and strategic decisions to build their brands. We work with brand health, segmentation, shopper behavior, product usage, and consumer experience—providing a rich set of solutions to engage with, learn from, and contribute to.
As a data scientist, you will be contributing to the research, design, testing, and implementation of various advanced marketing models. You will play a strategic role with senior team members to elevate the level of analysis in existing solutions, build connections between solutions across the consumer journey, and identify opportunities to innovate.
- Identify best analytical techniques to achieve research objectives; design, develop, and deploy advanced analytics solutions
- Execute analytic activities supporting solution development, including data gathering, cleansing, and integration, and statistical transformation and modeling
- Apply analytical techniques, including linear/non-linear models, clustering, optimization, forecasting, machine learning, and neural networks
- Collaborate with stakeholders and data science business partners to understand business needs and to identify and define solutions; effectively communicate results
- Develop innovative solutions through deep understanding of internal and external data
- Create appropriate standards and processes to ensure quality and consistency of Data Science solutions
- Add statistical rigor to solutions, explore data sets to deliver client insights, and bridge solutions together with modeling
- 5+ years of experience with applied statistics in a market research role
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, psychology, or other quantitative fields of study
- Strong applied statistics skills. Experience with regression, inference, imputation, time series, clustering, machine learning, significance testing, estimation, statistical quality control, optimization, Bayesian methods and/or similar approaches.
- Proficient in Python, SQL, R, and experience in manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting large-scale data
- Expert knowledge of advanced analytical techniques, including multivariate statistics, forecasting, predictive modeling, network and cluster analysis, simulation, neural networks, sentiment analysis, and data aggregation
- Experience in data visualization tools (e.g., Qlik, Power BI, Tableau)
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Ability to work independently, set direction of the overall program, and communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
We’re in tune with what the world is buying. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods manufacturers to retailers, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless.
Become part of NielsenIQ at: www.niq.com.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.