At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Are you passionate about helping people get the right car? The Edmunds Insights team is looking for a Consumer Insights Analyst who is enthusiastic about helping shoppers be better prepared for the car buying process. The ideal candidate will be using experience, ingesting external factors (economic, marketplace, etc.) and data to identify shopping habits, pain points and proposing resources/solutions that work best for the entire car shopping ecosystem. We are looking for someone who can generate ideas and work with other team members to execute content and messaging for an infographic, ad, press release, article, or some other form of content not yet discovered! The Consumer Insights Analyst will also be comfortable talking about their identified trends with executives, media, or at industry events so we are looking for someone to become the go-to spokesperson on all consumer car shopping needs!
What You’ll Do:
- Actively follows car shopping trends - participates in forums, online discussions, communicates with dealers and shoppers about current car buying environment
- Crafts narratives which try to solve pain points for dealers and consumers in current market conditions
- Interfaces with other internal teams to create marketing content based on developed storylines/themes
- Works in Databricks, Excel to extract and analyze data to help support thesis developed
- Conducts interviews with print, radio, TV outlets, must be comfortable speaking on camera in an unscripted fashion.
- Represents Edmunds at industry conferences and events
- Produces ad-hoc reports as needed for teams throughout the organization.
What You Need:
- Solid overall knowledge of the car buying process including F&I for both new and used
- Thinks ahead of the curve - ability to identify potential market trends based on what you’re seeing happening on the ground and in the data
- Proactive, tenacious personality - willing to champion an idea throughout the organization
- Can communicate clearly and effectively - able to explain concepts to an average consumer
- Skilled at developing presentations
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel, working with spreadsheets and formulas as well as the desire to learn more advanced data tools
- The ability to partner cross-functionally and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Works well under high pressure, fast-paced situations where time is limited.
- Flexible and able to change direction quickly, manages ambiguity well
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Flexible schedule - media happens often in non-business hours
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.