Consumer Insights Analyst (Financial Services) at J.D. Power (Remote)
Title: Analyst, Consumer Insights
Location: United States, Remote
Reports to: Director, Consumer Insights
The Consumer Insights Analyst develops the analytics and data insights for J.D. Power’s customer satisfaction survey research-based business. Primary duties include analysis and interpretation of survey data, writing/developing presentations that provide consumer insights that help our clients improve their business. The Analyst will work with a team of Consumer Insights experts and partner with business units from specific industries (e.g., auto, telecom, financial services, insurance, etc.).
The Consumer Insights Analyst will be part of a team of twenty-five Consumer Insights Analysts. The Analyst will be a self-starter who can work without close supervision and with other departments within the company’s matrix environment. This individual will analyze survey data to help clients improve customer satisfaction and help companies drive business results. Also, they will create white papers and other thought leadership pieces, as well as design client presentation material in collaboration with practice leads.
- Analyze survey data to find insights to help clients improve customer satisfaction
- Support the authoring of reports, presentations, and conference content that focuses on actionable insights to improve customer satisfaction
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for industry or specific clients which may leverage internal, client, or third party data to enhance the value of insights
- Demonstrate thought leadership across industries
- 5+ years of survey and/or market research experience in financial services, and/or insurance industries is required
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (required), MA/MS/MBA (preferred) with a focus on behavioral sciences (Psychology, Marketing, Economics, Political Science) or Quantitative emphasis (e.g., statistics)
- Basic or intermediate level of knowledge in statistics and data analysis (descriptive statistics), required advanced statistical skill (predictive modeling, multivariate statistics) preferred
- Demonstrated experience using SPSS (or similar statistical software) with a background in survey research highly preferable
- Strong data analytic skills—ability to analyze survey data, interpret survey results, and deliver insights
- Articulate study findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
The Team / The Business:
Growth opportunities for the Consumer Insights Analyst are significant, both within the Research Science division as well as the overall J.D. Power organization. We have a strong desire to promote from within the company; the right individual has numerous avenues to pursue a long career with J.D. Power. This role also gives the opportunity to interface with clients across a wide variety of industries and from technical to C-suite levels within those organizations.
Our Hiring Manager says:
“I’m looking for a critical thinker who is comfortable managing and analyzing complex data sets. The preferred candidate has strong data software capabilities (especially SPSS), some project management capabilities, and be able to work with internal and external (client) teams. The individual will also be able to work with survey data to uncover insights and trends and use this information to create data-based stories that provide clients with ideas about how to improve their operations and increase customer satisfaction. They will be able to see beyond the numbers and provide useful advice about how to help clients make better decisions to grow their business.”
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For Internal Use: #LI-Remote #LI-SA1