Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Configuration Management Specialist III
What You’ll Do:
- Provide configuration and data management (C&DM) support for multiple programs.
- Facilitate configuration control board meetings, coordinate engineering drawing review and sign-off.
- Establish, control, and maintain required configuration information using Agile and SharePoint.
- Utilize configuration and data management procedures.
- Process and release Engineering Change Orders (EO).
- Receive, process, and provide dispositions regarding SDRLs.
- Track all data deliverables and provide delivery forecasts for SDRLs/CDRLs.
- Interact with Customers and Suppliers as needed to reconcile all data delivery records.
- Responsible for ensuring data items are delivered timely and accurately.
- Prepare the delivery of data items in accordance with contract requirements.
- Prepare letters of transmittal as required.
- Gather and provide necessary data items to support technical meetings.
- Support program management and engineering staff in utilization of database tools and processes.
- Represent C&DM discipline to business units as first point of contact for CDM process implementation.
- Provide CDM information to subordinates/peers as well as cross-functional teams.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Effective communication, facilitation and teamwork skills.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of CDM Principles.
- Good organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new databases.
- Experience utilizing databases to manage technical and engineering data.
- Requirements management experience desired.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.