Candidates must be located in the US to work for Fetch Rewards.
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 13M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer. This position can be based remotely in the United States or hybrid in Birmingham, Boston, Chicago, Madison, New York, and San Francisco.
At Fetch Rewards, our vision is to help people digitize their shopping in a way that is fun and rewarding. Millions of people use our app every month and we are growing rapidly. Headquartered in Madison, WI along with various office locations across the country, we pride ourselves on two things – speed and excellence.
The Data Science & Analytics team embodies these values and works with a laser focused objective to enable intelligent systems for end users, internal stakeholders, and external partners. We are looking for a Data Scientist specializing in Computer Vision / NLP to contribute to this vision and reap the rewards of joining an exciting company in the high growth phase.
Your focus will be on creating AI models and enabling the engineering team to extract data from images in a performant and accurate manner. You will have experience productionalizing computer vision and/or NLP projects and work with data engineers, MLOps, and software developers to deploy these solutions. We don't lock ourselves into particular technologies, but some we are currently using include AWS, Snowflake, Python, Spark, Lambda, CloudFormation, Docker, Kinesis, MongoDB, and SageMaker. You’ll also get to join a team of talented individuals who will provide you with hands-on mentorship on topics ranging from software development to DevOps to analytics. Success in this role requires the ability to analyze challenging problems, propose solutions and guide teammates in implementing designs within timeframes that keep up with business needs.
- Experience researching and assisting in deployment cycle of computer vision / NLP / deep learning models
- Programming skills
- Interest in building and experimenting with different tools and tech, and sharing your learnings with the broader organization
- The desire to work with other teams in the organization (e.g., Data Science, Software Development, DevOps) to build tools and solutions that enable the training and deployment of machine learning enabled services within the Fetch ecosystem
- At least 5 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Publications: papers, blog(s), YouTube channel, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of deployment architectures
- Cloud engineering and DevOps skills (e.g., AWS, CloudFormation, Docker)
- ETL process, data pipeline, and/or micro-service development experience
- Familiarity with messaging and asynchronous technologies (e.g., SQS, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Big data development skills (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, MPP DW)
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace