Compliance Analyst at CNA
Works under direct supervision to handle compliance tasks related to training, communication policies & procedures, sanctions screening, and regulatory relations. Responsible for daily handling of sanctions alerts including interacting with business partners and investigating whether alerts require further action. May support activities related to market conduct exams, control testing, risk assessment or privacy. Role will require regular interaction with internal business partners and state regulatory agencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Through coordination with others implements compliance mechanisms and protocols internal controls and regulatory compliance policies and procedures and methodology to measure and monitor compliance to internal controls and regulatory requirements Prepares compliance reports for management.
Supports development of compliance related training tools and programs for the department.
Provides compliance or technical support for business or corporate strategic initiatives.
Partners with the field and with other departments such as Internal Audit IT and Legal to build relationships supporting compliance accountabilities.
Stays current on industry trends and developments through interaction with insurance departments and other regulatory bodies.
Explains facts policies and practices related to compliance.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
1. Good knowledge of insurance principles practices and procedures.
2. Good understanding of process development and process improvement techniques and methodologies.
3. Good understanding of project management practices and procedures.
4. Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
5. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Ability to recognize standard situations and issues. Creativity in resolving routine and standard business problems.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software systems.
8. Ability to travel.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or its equivalent.
2. Up to two years related work experience