Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Compliance team works to protect and nurture Mailchimp’s reputation, systems, sending ability, and revenue streams by enforcing our Terms, combating abuse, and educating and empowering our users to follow best practices that optimize deliverability. Our team loves to learn, collaborate, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Compliance Analyst I to join our Compliance team. You will interact with customers through our email-based ticketing system to investigate and resolve their compliance issues. You are comfortable asking questions, digging deep, connecting the dots and making judgement calls that balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business. Excellent written communication skills, thick skin, and a sense of humor are some of the ingredients that will make you successful. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll do here:
- Demonstrate empathy with customers while maintaining the best interests of the business
- Investigate user accounts to identify compliance issues and determine appropriate course of action to bring issues to resolution
- Educate users on best practices of email marketing and list management
- Use established methodologies and documented investigation techniques to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, bring issues to resolution
- Respond to issues in accordance with defined Service Level Agreements
- Meet /exceed defined productivity and quality metrics
- Collaborate with Delivery, Product Support, Legal, Billing or other internal departments on issues related to compliance
- Act as subject matter expert for users and internal departments
- Partner with team members on various strategic projects or corporate initiatives as needed
- Communicate pertinent information to colleagues and teammates
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Participate in weekend coverage rotation
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience
- 1 year working experience in Product Support in a tech environment
- Ability to exercise judgement based on analysis of information
- Attention to detail in investigation and written communication
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Customer centric focus, must work diligently to assist our users in an compassionate and timely manner
- Technical aptitude and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence
- Ability to quickly learn and articulate technical concepts
- Self-directed and motivated
- Ability to work independently under general supervision
- Humble about accomplishments and creative about solutions
- Comfortable working in a ‘change fast’ environment
- Experience with Jira / Zendesk is a plus
- Experience with marketing and ESPs is a plus
- Understanding of anti-spam legislation is a plus
- SQL/Database Query Experience is a plus
Available shifts for this role:
- Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
- Monday - Friday / 9am - 6pm
- Sunday - Thursday / 3pm - midnight
- Sunday - Thursday / 8am - 5pm
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid insurance benefits (for employees and their families), paid vacation, sick, and other leave, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) matching. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.