Compensation Analyst at Opendoor (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:04 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Opendoor is looking for a Compensation Analyst to support our rapidly growing population. Reporting the Sr. Director, Compensation, you will be an integral part of a small team helping to drive Opendoor’s overarching compensation philosophy. You will partner with HR Business Partners and business leaders on compensation related matters, provide thoughtful data-driven analysis and help to ensure our semi-annual compensation processes run smoothly. The right candidate is comfortable with data and thrives in a fast-paced, high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. They will be self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong orientation to data analytics and project management.
- Use your expert analytical skills combined with your strong communication skills to present compensation insights to stakeholders in all parts of our business
- Partner with department leaders, HR Business Partners and recruiters on compensation related matters such as offers, promotions, and internal transfers
- Assist in the administration of the annual and mid-year cycles including budget modeling and recommendation, user testing, and creating training materials.
- Conduct job analysis to determine job level, FLSA classification and salary range
- Benchmark jobs against compensation surveys and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position
- Maintain and enhance our compensation and job structures
- Participate in annual compensation surveys
- Work cross functionally to provide compensation analyses and other deliverables to our partners on the Finance and Legal teams
- Partner with People Operations team to audit, update and maintain compensation-related data in Workday
- Stay up-to-date with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in compensation
- Experience maintaining compensation and incentive plans
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to effectively present those findings to different audiences
- The ability to work with stakeholders to find the right questions as well as their answers
- A highly collaborative style, and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- A solid understanding of compensation survey data and ability to leverage that data to drive competitive pay decisions
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets (e.g. comfortable with vlookups, nested functions, pivot tables, charts/graphs, etc.)
- Basic understanding equity compensation and can provide information to employees to help them understand this important component of pay
- The ability to adapt quickly and continue providing the highest level of customer service in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- A bachelor's degree or relevant experience in HR or compensation
Bonus points if
- Experience in a software development companyCombination of high-growth private and public company backgrounds desired
- Working knowledge of Radford (Aon Hewitt)
- Completed/In process of completion the Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) requirements
- Has experience in two or more of the following areas: Workday, Tableau (or similar tool), Equity, Sales Compensation, Compensation Consulting
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $75,000 - $94,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description