Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As a Community Operations Incidents and Escalations Analyst, you’ll join a high functioning team of passionate support professionals who know their performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. We’re looking for an individual who has a passion for making the customer experience seamless and fantastic. You have a strong passion for the product, user empathy, and can maintain a calm demeanor in high stress situations. People describe you as accountable and organized.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Community Operations escalations and incident management program by investigating, troubleshooting and resolving Coinbase customer issues across multiple channels.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an effective, tactical, and empathetic manner.
- Serve as an escalation point for the Customer Experience organization in high touch escalations and platform incidents. You should be able to gauge customer impact and guide decisions with Product Managers, engineers, Legal, and other stakeholders with users in mind.
- Occasionally interact with Coinbase customers in public support channels, such as Twitter and Reddit.
- Represent the voice of our customer in proactively driving impactful changes across workflows, policies and tools by succinctly relaying customer feedback in escalations to internal support teams.
- Maintain an investigative mindset to help address critical customer issues while keeping in mind next-issue avoidance and building operational processes to develop and maintain our program at scale.
- Occasionally travel to onshore and offshore locations to train new analysts and vendor agents.
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Experience with CRM tooling, such as Salesforce.
- Comfortable responding to high level internal stakeholders, such as executives and board members
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end platform incident management.
- Must work in a defined shift, as required by the business.
- Must participate in an on-call rotation.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in incident management and/or customer support.
- Exceptional communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast-paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 20% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need)
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English
- Curiosity to chase problems to root cause and rollup sleeves to investigate the unknown/unusual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.