Commissions Analyst at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Commissions Analyst will report to the Manager of Accounting Operations and will be a key member of a growing team. Key responsibilities will include administering sales compensation plans and related accounting tasks. This is an analysis-heavy role where the individual will be expected to work independently to fully understand their key areas of responsibility and deliver thoughtful and well-prepared analysis.
Location: Schaumburg, IL (This role is temporarily fully remote due to COVID-19. A hybrid remote/in-office schedule will eventually be required).
Reports To: Manager, Accounting Operations
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administer processing of monthly commission runs, including accrual estimates.
- Compile commission accrual analysis and reconcile to GL on monthly basis.
- Analyze large sets of data and compile monthly sales reporting.
- Perform monthly analysis to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley key controls.
- Review and analyze sales disputes on timely manner.
- Monitor sales commissions mailbox and respond timely to inquiries.
- Support sales support groups in sales compensation plan configurations.
- Support system implementations and integrations including but not limited to: Salesforce CPQ, Netsuite Suitebilling and Xactly Connect.
- Provide guidance and training to sales teams on commissions plan structures, reports, sales policies, and other relevant processes.
- Other ad hoc analyses and sales financial modeling upon manager request.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-5 years of corporate finance experience, exposure to a public company environment a plus.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities, including advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a high growth environment; aptitude to develop processes beyond their current state; intellectual curiosity.
- Desire to be an active business partner; role requires broadening relationships across sales, HR, payroll, and other finance functions
- Prior Xactly experience a plus, not required.
- Ability to take full ownership of assignments, be self-motivated, and team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Detail orientation is key.
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints and be customer service-focused.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.