Cloud - Engineering Manager - Analytics at Elastic
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Cloud Analytics team enables data for product development and operational decision making within the Cloud organization and related business functions (marketing, sales, finance). Our work is critical to the entire Elastic organization and is used by thousands of internal users from developers to sales representatives. Our team builds data pipelines and dashboards to measure key SaaS growth metrics like activation, retention, and conversion. Our team is passionate about being the first and the best customers of Elastic products and regularly provide feedback to our development team.
We are looking for a front-line Software Engineering Manager to lead this high impact team. You will mentor and lead a globally distributed team of 4 - 6 Senior Engineers who are responsible for building the Analytics platform. This role requires coordination across several Engineering and Product Management teams so it is an excellent opportunity to work in cross-team setting. You will have front-row seats in supporting a high-growth SaaS product as we measure and provide data to make product/organization decisions.What You Will Be Doing:
- Recruit and develop exceptionally talented engineers across the globe to build a diverse team.
- Partner with Data Analysts, Product Managers and engineering teams to develop the critical SaaS analytics platform.
- Be a "player/mentor" for the team, getting your hands into code and design where required.
- Build roadmaps and lead prioritization; balance the right amount of structure and planning for a fast-paced engineering team.
- Establish effective project communication plans and ensure their execution.
- Foster a culture of mutual respect and collaborative decision-making.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Experience leading diverse teams of software engineers as a line manager (people manager).
- You care deeply about the resiliency of the services and quality of the features your team ships.
- Solid understanding of data architectures and data infrastructure ecosystem.
- Experience developing with Python.
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals.
- Experience as a hands-on software engineer and strength in computer science fundamentals to understand the engineering work that is going on in your team.
- Experience using Elasticsearch and/or Kibana as a user.
- Experience with SaaS business metrics like growth, churn and retention
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected].
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.