Cloud Data Engineer (Remote) at Rackspace Technology
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:37 p.m. (CST) on Friday, May 20, 2022
The Rackspace FinOps group enables cloud users to align their cloud technology adoption with their business strategies. We advise many of the world’s largest AWS, GCP, Azure, and other Cloud consumers on topics ranging from cloud architecture to organizational governance to cloud economics, driving efficient cloud adoption and usage for our clients.
The FinOps Cloud Data Engineer role is an exciting opportunity to build solutions that will help us and our clients turn complex multi-cloud cost and performance datasets into actionable insights. This is an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing team. You’ll be instrumental in creating new and better analytics and ML solutions, and generally innovate to drive new value for our clients.
The FinOps Cloud Data Engineer will work heavily with AWS services like S3, Redshift, Glue, Lambda, EC2, etc.
** Role can work remotely anywhere within the U.S. **
- Build robust Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, and data pipelines
- Build complex ETL code
- Work with various data sources including multi-cloud cost and usage data, CRMs, internal DBs (SQL, DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.), third-party sources (SAP, Oracle, Salesforce), etc
- Architect, launch, and manage internal analytics infrastructure including databases, servers, and BI tools in a scalable, performant, and cost efficient manner
- Work with FinOps Data Scientists to build models in SQL and/or using statistical languages (R, Python, etc)
- Design and launch ML pipelines and models (build-your-own or using tools like Snowflake)
- 3+ years of proven experience working with big data, data lakes, data pipelines, and data warehouses
- 2+ years of DevOps and database architecture experience
- Expertise in Python required, proficiency with other relevant languages like R or Java are a plus!
- Proficient with AWS big data toolsets including Redshift, MySQL and Postgresql databases, Glue, AWS EMR, S3, and IAM considerations
- Experience with big data tools like Snowflake, Databricks, EMR/Hadoop, or others is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Familiarity with cloud cost analysis and cloud economics (pricing models, financial instruments, etc)
- BS in Computer Science/math/engineering or equivalent degree
- Client-facing experience and public speaking ability is a plus
- Experience building ML models or the desire to learn is a plus
Are you a Racker?
Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating.
They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do.
Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams.
As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers.
Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to come join the Racker family!
Why work at Rackspace Technology?
Find your fanatical. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions.
Come as you are. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women.
Satisfy your curiosity. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow.
Make a difference. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give our time and talent to others.
Live life completely. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced life-style. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 244 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description