Cloud Data Architect at Pythian (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:19 p.m. (CST) on Friday, September 23, 2022
Cloud Data Architect
Canada | Remote | Work from Home | #LI-Remote
Are you a Canadian based Cloud Data Architect focused on building end to end solutions? Do you want to be a recognized thought leader in cloud technologies and related business metrics for enterprises and startups alike? Do you want to work in a client-facing role that requires strong technical leadership skills, the ability to drive projects to success and work under stress in fast-paced environments? Can you conduct strategic planning of an organization’s cloud platform maturity with a focus of fulfilling business requirements around cost, scalability and flexibility of the platform? Can you draft technology roadmaps documenting best practice gaps with precise steps of how to get there? Can you create and work with large and complex data models? Do you have cloud implementation experience? If you Love Your Data™ and enjoy solving complex technical problems and want to Love your career then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Lead architecture, design and development of end to end Cloud based solutions with heavy focus on application and data and good understanding of infrastructure
- Act as a architectural lead within a small team of globally dispersed Cloud Data Consultants, supporting the team in overcoming challenges by helping to remove roadblocks and developing options and solutions
- Work with other Architects and the cloud Squad Leaders to ensure sound dev, test and QA practices
- Work with PMs and other Architects to prioritize, assign and communicate work to team members
- Ensure that the solution design is followed
- Periodic travel to client sites for face to face meetings and presentations
- Interface with Pythian’s clients, directly, regularly to exchange feedback on the implementation, business needs, and over all products(s)
- Conducting technical audits of existing architectures (Infrastructure, Performance, Developing data security as a function of design as well as Scalability and more)
- Providing component or site-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning.
- Documenting best practices and recommendations
- Developing application data architecture models to further enable effective service oriented delivery (3NF, Denormalized, Entity/Relationship, Dimensional etc)
- Working with both internal and client development teams directly to help engineers to build highly available, more manageable cloud platforms.
What do we need from you?
- This is a “wish list” and there will be plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and contribute to the Team and Customers needs and grow with Pythian. While we realise you might not have everything to be the successful candidate for the Cloud Architect job you will likely have skills such as;
- Understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- In-depth knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies & concepts from Google, Amazon or Microsoft and/or (cloud & Conventional RDBMS), BigQuery, Redshift, Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Snowflake etc.
- Strong knowledge of cloud batch and stream processing architectures.
- Good experience with enterprise scale data modeling
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architecture.
- Data quality process experience including data cleansing, audits and alerts, triage mechanisms & processes and referential integrity
- Be fluent in a couple of object oriented language, preferably Java and Python, familiarity with Scala and Go would be a plus.
- A certification such as Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Data Engineer or related AWS Certified Solutions Architect / cloud or Microsoft Azure Architect
- Experience or interest in people management, in a “player-coach” style of leadership longer term would be great.
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total rewards package with an annual bonus
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with our substantial training allowance; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: Why commute? Work remotely from your home (forever), there’s no daily travel requirement to an office! You can be located anywhere in Canada, all you need is a stable internet connection.
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, and an annual budget to personalise your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Pythian excels at helping businesses use their data and cloud to transform how they compete and win in this ever-changing environment by delivering advanced on-prem, hybrid, cloud and multi-cloud solutions to solve the toughest data challenges faster and better than anyone else. Founded and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada in 1997, Pythian now has more than 300 employees located around the globe with over 350 clients spanning industries from SaaS; media; gaming; financial services; e-commerce and more. Pythian is known for its technology-enabled data expertise covering everything from ETL to ML. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific data goals of each client and have built meaningful partnerships with major cloud vendors AWS, Google and Microsoft. The powerful combination of our extensive expertise in data and cloud and our ability to keep on top of the latest bleeding edge technologies make us the perfect partner to help mid and large-sized businesses transform to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing digital economy. If you are a Cloud Architect; live in anywhere in Canada; love your data and want to love your career then join us!
For this job an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered.
Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful applicant will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in their country of residence permanently– Pythian will not relocate, sponsor, or file petitions of any kind on behalf of a foreign worker to gain a work visa, become a permanent resident based on a permanent job offer, or to otherwise obtain authorization to work.
No recruitment agencies
More Information on Pythian
Pythian operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in New York, NY. It has 426 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance and 401(K). To see all 6 open jobs at Pythian, click here.
Read Full Job Description