Cloud Analyst at Spanx
SPANX isn’t your average company… we revolutionized an industry with just $5,000 in savings and zero outside funding. Our founder, Sara Blakely, was named one of TIME Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the world. We are in the fashion and retail industry, but we don’t obsess trends, rules or traditional ways of doing things. Rather, we invent solutions and hold several patents. We are focused on reinventing wardrobe basics that have earned cult-followings from customers around the world, earning Spanx shout-outs from the world’s most famous women. We are a high-growth, digital company with an iconic brand that earned its reputation for over 20 years by delivering amazing products and staying true to our greater mission of supporting and elevating women. We don’t believe “pain is beauty” and we don’t believe “business is war.” We run our business with kindness, empathy, intuition, creativity, integrity… and fun. We don’t believe you have to act serious to be taken seriously. We dream big, think forward and give back. We challenge the status quo, aim high and celebrate our “oops” moments. We test and learn, and we aren’t afraid of failure. We think like entrepreneurs in everything we do, and we look for people who are self-starters, kind, creative and out-of-the box-thinkers. If this sounds like you, join us! And help us make the world a better place... one butt at a time.Job Description
About the role
The Cloud Analyst will be responsible for the management, support, and oversight of the Azure Cloud environment. This will include assisting with the management, support, and oversight of the virtual server environments and business continuity processes. A strong candidate will manage and secure all servers including installations, upgrades, patching, and documentation. This is a team contributor role that will work with cross-functional team members on day-to-day activities and will be accounting for meeting deliverables commitments including schedule and quality compliance.
This role is based in our Atlanta headquarters and reports to the Manager, Systems Administration.
You’ll love it because you will…
- Review the Azure architecture and design deliverables and support as a SME
- Keep aware of, recommend, and implement industry best practices
- Assist in training initiatives to ensure that there is an adequate supply of trained support in the said technology and delivery risks are mitigated
- Effectively present public cloud-based architectural design concepts and solutions to all levels in the organization
- Help identify alternatives, pros and cons, and make recommendations
- Anticipate when architectural changes may be needed and help prepare the organization for a successful transition
- Drive Azure proof-of-concept prototypes that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our internal business users how the technology can be leveraged
- Identify, analyze, and resolve the most complex Azure cloud-based support issues
- Manage technical relationships with strategic vendors to acquire knowledge and collaborate on potential architectural solutions and technology acquisitions
- Direct experience in Cloud platform technologies - Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years’ experience and proven success in Azure design, support and management
- Proven expert knowledge of virtual application delivery technologies and virtual desktop infrastructures including knowledge of disaster recovery concepts
- Experience with backup technologies (Azure, Barracuda, VEEAM, Veritas Preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and/or managing software source code (GIT)
- 3+ years of recent experience as a build and deployment engineer using industry standard tools to automate the process
- 3+ years of experience setting up, configuring, and automating build servers and build agents
- Experience with deployment tools and virtual lab management
- Experience building and deploying with Windows and Linux technologies
- Experience supporting and documenting build and configuration changes throughout environments
- Understanding of industry standard system architecture and system management tools
- Experience in the design, deployment, and support of large, complex systems
- Ongoing management of configuration and layout of VMware virtual infrastructure
- Optional experience in cost optimization of cloud deployments for applications
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology and/or Computer Science; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience and proven success in Azure administration, support, and management.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator (Preferred)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator on Windows
- Working knowledge of Agile Concepts and Project Management techniques/processes (Preferred)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.