Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
This position is responsible for compiling and analyzing data for internal and external customers. The Clinical Data Analyst will collect data and perform data analysis for scientific publications, marketing materials, external collaborations, and internal studies. Responsibilities include both routine data pulls as well as complex analyses that require original thinking and novel analysis. The candidate must be able to collaborate with internal partners from across the company and customers at all levels of clinical and technical expertise, including genomic scientists, genetic counselors, medical geneticists, bioinformaticians, AI engineers, data scientists and computational biologists. In addition, the candidate will need to develop a deep understanding of Invitae data and databases, including their limitations and idiosyncrasies. The candidate needs to be a quick learner to keep up with fast developments at Invitae and with a wide range of customer data needs.
What you will do:
- The ability to understand customers’ questions and translate to an actionable analysis plan.
- Attention to detail, with particular care in patients’ data privacy and security.
- Extracting and manipulating large datasets from internal and external databases.
- Working closely with internal and external scientists to support peer-reviewed publications and presentations that are both clinically important and technically rigorous.
- Support internal scientists with exploratory work to assess reporting consistency, diagnostic yield of genetic testing, and the potential to extend our offerings.
- Generate summary reports for clinicians that include testing results.
Who you are:
- The successful candidate for the position will have a PhD or Master’s degree, with relevant industry/academic experience in computational biology, statistical genetics, population genetics, biostatistics, bioinformatics, clinical genetics, molecular genetics or a related field.
- Must have experience using or developing high-performance, scalable computational methods to analyze clinical and/or genomic data. Hands-on experience working with very large genomic datasets is ideal.
- Expertise in SQL and python or R, experienced in R or another language for data visualization.
- Expertise in descriptive statistics and statistical analysis such as t-tests, chi-square, regression, etc.
- Experience working with clinical or genetic testing data.
- Working knowledge of human genetics.
- Familiar with public human genetics/genomics clinical databases and tools
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to translate between scientifically rigorous statistical analysis and a general audience, in both directions.
- Well-organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously with a variety of priorities, scopes, and timelines.
- Content knowledge expertise in somatic oncology or health economics and outcomes research are a plus, but not required.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.