Client Consulting Manager, Visa Consulting & Analytics at Visa (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
Within VCA North America, the Benchmarking & Scorecards team uses a proven benchmarking methodology to deliver industry performance benchmarks to our clients that are unavailable from any other source. This team drives tangible and impactful financial results for Visa clients by identifying opportunities and using industry expertise and Visa’s technology capabilities to develop and change client strategies. The team is looking for a Manager to join our consulting practice to deliver and implement projects and solutions with various types of Visa clients, including issuers such as large multi-regional, regional and community financial institutions. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand and a valued, long-term business partner.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous finance, consulting, marketing and /or payments experience.
Typical projects may include,
- How does a financial institution increase market share in consumer credit cards?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a financial institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a financial institution optimize their product offering?
The location for this role is Foster City, CA.
- Work with clients to collect comprehensive statistics, quantify personnel and expenses, and understand overall business strategies
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering strategic consulting services to key Visa clients
- Complete consulting engagements with other team members, including participating in interviews, analyzing confidential client data, and summarizing key findings
- Conduct industry research and identify internal and external data resources to create custom analytics
- Complete detailed analysis on client data and identify preliminary trends and themes in the data
- Evaluate internal Visa data to identify trends and portfolio gaps in order to derive strategic and tactical opportunities for clients
- Make targeted recommendations to Visa’s clients, including prioritization and roadmap, based on data-driven analysis
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized, detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization. This is an individual contributor role, reporting into a Sr. Director within VCA.Qualifications
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work
experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience
with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant
experience with a PhD
• Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
• Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into
key strategic insights
• Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts - Strong
multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
• Proficient and ideally a power-user of spreadsheet and presentation tools
• An interest in payments, financial institutions, or consumer lending a plus
• An affinity for payments technology, digital, FinTech
• Ability to travel (up to 25%)
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.